New Gun Day!

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Bob
Board Founder

Re: New Gun Day!

Post by Bob »

David wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:12 am
Bob wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:47 pm I was thinking of getting one vs a holster...
Clips are interesting, but I don’t see them as a viable alternative to a holster that covers the trigger guard.
There really is nothing down the butt side of my pants, except my butt. I can see it.

But I do get the trigger cover issue, and tend to agree.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:34 pm So I went to a gun show this weekend. Actually a pretty good trip. Got a few mags, some 9mm $17/50, and generally good shopping.

And I finally got a Ruger EC9!!!!!!

Basic black. Of course, my next stop was Amazon where I also got a Gunskins in - that's right, Muddy Girl!!!!! All in all, I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. First time, and this was probably not the easiest gun to do. I lost a little of the grip / stap texture, but that's not anything on a gun this small. I have a couple of small wrinkles, but...whatever. Feels pretty good honestly. I may do more of these.

So how goes the EC9?
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

David wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:12 am
Bob wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:47 pm I was thinking of getting one vs a holster...
Clips are interesting, but I don’t see them as a viable alternative to a holster that covers the trigger guard.
Been carrying IWB without a holster for 40 years. With a manual safety and/or trigger dingus or double action trigger I think it's pretty safe.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Update;

Really liking this. I think it has taken over as my main carry gun!

I usually keep the 9rd mag in it. I just shoot it better...
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Have you shot it yet Bob? I very much enjoyed the LC9s that I had (basically the same as the EC9). So slim you forget you're carrying it.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

I carried my original Lc9 for over 5 years (belt clip) until I ran across a deal on a used LC9s (same as the EC9). Carried that for 2-3 years (belt clip) until I started carrying the G3c for the last year (belt clip). It's a little heavier and thicker but has 12 round mags. Still like and carry the LC9s at times.

I still have my original LC9 with the double action trigger but thinking of selling it, not likely to carry it anymore. However I did lend it to each of my brothers when they got their concealed carry permits. They liked it a lot. I then found them a good price on used LC9s so that's what each of them carry.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

David wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:28 pm Have you shot it yet Bob? I very much enjoyed the LC9s that I had (basically the same as the EC9). So slim you forget you're carrying it.
Shot it a lot! See page one. I just shoot it better than the Walther PPS. Not sure why.

I agree - easy carry - I just tossed in cargo pants side pocket the other day. Also, the 9 round mags are great.

Still, not giving up on my Walther. Just needs more work. I think it is the better gun for me over all and prefer the feel. I could be wrong.