New Gun Day!

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Bob
Board Founder

New Gun Day!

Post by Bob »

So I went to a gun show this weekend. Actually a pretty good trip. Got a few mags, some 9mm $17/50, and generally good shopping.

And I finally got a Ruger EC9!!!!!!

Basic black. Of course, my next stop was Amazon where I also got a Gunskins in - that's right, Muddy Girl!!!!! All in all, I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. First time, and this was probably not the easiest gun to do. I lost a little of the grip / stap texture, but that's not anything on a gun this small. I have a couple of small wrinkles, but...whatever. Feels pretty good honestly. I may do more of these.

David
Administrator

Re: New Gun Day!

Post by David »

Congrats, I know you've been wanting one of these for quite a while. Good pistol :)
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

The whole Gunskins thing turned out pretty good. Range trip this weekend to see how she runs!

I think I'm gon put some Kryptek on my Walther slide next!
David
Administrator

Post by David »

When are you going to take it to the range and give it a go?
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Great question Dave! Took it 10am this morning!!!

I put maybe 100+ rounds through it, running my two 7 rd magazines.
- Remington UMC FMJ 115's
- Max Tech (by GH Ammunition) FMJ 124g's

Flawless operation. Overall, I liked how it felt. And here are some moderate slow shots using it at 7 yards.
- My wrap worked just fine. No issues.
- The top 8, and the one off the page almost were called flyer where I went high.
- It has a little snap on the wrist after a while. Not the best gun gun for delicate folks.

Now to get a pocket holster and something for IWB

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Glad it's working for you. I very much like the LC9/LC9s/EC9 series of pistols.

Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Bob wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:57 pm Great question Dave! Took it 10am this morning!!!

I put maybe 100+ rounds through it, running my two 7 rd magazines.
- Remington UMC FMJ 115's
- Max Tech (by GH Ammunition) FMJ 124g's

Flawless operation. Overall, I liked how it felt. And here are some moderate slow shots using it at 7 yards.
- My wrap worked just fine. No issues.
- The top 8, and the one off the page almost were called flyer where I went high.
- It has a little snap on the wrist after a while. Not the best gun gun for delicate folks.

Now to get a pocket holster and something for IWB

That's about par for the LC9. They are snappy. A few more sessions might tighten those groups a bit.

I carry most of my guns IWB with a belt clip. It works for me.

Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

I was thinking of getting one vs a holster...
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Got a small soft case for it for transport.

And a couple of 9rd mags from Ruger.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:47 pm I was thinking of getting one vs a holster...
Clips are interesting, but I don’t see them as a viable alternative to a holster that covers the trigger guard.