Another option to practice and keep things from getting boring or stale.

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Strayz

Another option to practice and keep things from getting boring or stale.

Post by Strayz »

So with practice and training. There comes a bit of expense these days.

9mm being around $22 a box makes everyone want to save a little with all prices going up.

So while listening to a few pod casts and what they had to say. I decided to pick up an air powered BB gun that is endorsed by Sig. Yes I do dry fire 3-4 times a week. This will add more to the routine.

It is almost the same size and weight as the P365. The fit in the hand is very hard to tell the difference, as soon as I tried to put in a kydex holster that is where it showed where it was different.

It is a magazine fed BB gun that holds around 20 or so and it is using the old 12Gram Co2 for shooting the BB's and moving the slide back and fourth.

Recoil, the slide weighs very little as it is made of Zinc or one of the "other" metals. I goes back and fourth. My daughter started laughing after she pulled the trigger, she said there is no recoil. (She was expecting some as we had just come from the range and she had shot her 22.) It does make a little pop when it fires.

Accuracy, Well we all had one of one type of bb gun or another, they are not known for being supper accurate. This one falls in to that category. So I relegate it to the Garage or back yard, man sized target across a 3 car garage accuracy. The home made trap that I made for in the garage is a box holding 10 or so layers of carpet samples, all duct tapped together, with a sheet of half inch particle board at the very end. so far it looks like it is stopping most shots around 2-3 layers of carpet samples. not sure how fast the BB's are traveling but I can see them in flight, so it is not supper fast. Not going to take down a squirrel for dinner after the SHTF.

Again one more option for practice. Will it replace getting out to the range and putting holes in paper or ringing steel? No. In these times where we all are tightening up the belt to make ends meet it may be one more tool in the box to keep our skills sharper rather than no training or just dry firing alone.

I am happy with the purchase and it adds a bit of variety to the daily practice.

Edited to add model it is supposed to replicate.
Sometimes things need to be said, Other times things must be done.
Mac66
Board Founder

Re: Another option to practice and keep things from getting boring or stale.

Post by Mac66 »

I have a single shot (you have to manualy cock each shot) C02 bb pistol that looks and feels like a Glock. It's actually pretty accurate across the basement. Your post reminds me that I should probably take it out and play with it. I used to practice drawing and firing with it.
Strayz

Post by Strayz »

I guess I should have added the one I purchased is a repeater.
Sometimes things need to be said, Other times things must be done.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

One of our local police departments, which I won't mention their name, had the annual required firearms training day for their officers.

They had the officers use 22 pistols for the required training day and was only required to fire 30 rounds from their service pistol at the end of the day for the annual service qualification.

Based on their results (talking with two officers from there), over half of their department should be carrying 22 pistols vs their regular service pistols (9mm).
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

If that is what the budget is, so be it.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

You can't fix stupid !