I went to Walmart

The place to gather and chat about any and all topics not covered elsewhere on the board.
Bmyers
Board Founder

I went to Walmart

Post by Bmyers »

I have been to Walmart (inside the store) since the start of the year.

A few things I noticed today.

All the places to sit down have been removed.

I was surprised by how many shelves where actually empty. The store actually seemed 'light' on products. Most of the cleaning products were gone, paper towels and toilet paper very picked over, lots of empty spots in the pharmacy area.

All the firearms and ammo have been removed. Sign up stating they removed them due to possible unrest following the election.

There was a lot of people there at Walmart. Looking at them, they weren't just buying one item and moving on, but they had three or four of each item in their carts.

People all seemed to be in a big rush. Normally, I would go to Walmart and I was always the run going around people and trying to get back out of the store. Today, everyone was moving around me and seemed to be a big hurry.

It was interesting to see.
aerynsun

Re: I went to Walmart

Post by aerynsun »

I think people are stocking up for a second round of closing due to the virus.
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

Yes we are. I started my restock a few months ago when my city opened for a short time. Everyone thought it was blue skies and green lights. Example. You know that 70% isopropyl is the base for most sanitizers. It was $18 a gallon if bought by the gallon. It was $52 a gallon if a mfg. put in a few ounces of plain soap. Well, it reappeared on the shelves and I have 9 gallons stored, spray the house parts where the hands touch every Sunday and the car steering wheel and handles. Now, it is not on the shelves. Went to Costco last week. Limits were reimposed, but not published in the store.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

I did back up items that were shy last time.... looking good to me now.
But, somehow there's always something that is missed !
You can't fix stupid !