I voted

The place to gather and chat about any and all topics not covered elsewhere on the board.
David
Administrator

I voted

Post by David »

Early voting started yesterday in Florida. We went today and cast our vote. It was busy but not off the chain. I attribute that to being mid-week, during work hours and it was pouring rain.

Felt good to cast our vote :)
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
tom mac
Board Founder

Re: I voted

Post by tom mac »

now if the many get behind you and do the same !
You can't fix stupid !
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

I plan on going Friday morning.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

tom mac wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:11 am now if the many get behind you and do the same !
Took my niece to vote yesterday, she was very excited. She just got her citizenship earlier this year (she was an Israeli Detective before becoming a mommy). So this was her first time voting as a citizen.

Looking at Fox last night, the % of earlier voting around the country is well on pace to beat early voting in the last election cycle in a lot of states. I really think we'll see record turn out for the vote in every state.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

We are planning on voting next week.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

I went and voted yesterday. I timed it just perfect, the room was full with every spot having someone voting. They scanned my license, validated my info, then printed off my voting ballot. I was able to walk right over and get in a booth, vote, and as I was walking over to turn in my ballot looked at the entrance and they were lined out the door.

So it was perfect timing on my part.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Well, just a few hours away from the first election results. And the inevitable chaos...

Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

My dad and I went this morning. In and out in under two minutes. So many voted early that the election day crowd was non-existent.
Of course, living in the country helps.
Watching store owners board up on the news now. They say they're " worried about violence no matter who wins", but only one side tends to burn and loot when they don't get their way.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

I'm surprised this morning, not by the national election, that is where I thought it would be-undecided.

Our local elections, went strong to the Republicans and replaced lots of democrats beating out multiple incumbents.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

still thinking Trump going to pull it off...
You can't fix stupid !