25th Amendment

The place to gather and chat about any and all topics not covered elsewhere on the board.
Bmyers
Board Founder

25th Amendment

Post by Bmyers »

I guess if you don't think you will beat him, try taking him out another way

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pelosi ... -amendment

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi made a dramatic announcement during her weekly press conference Thursday by telling reporters that she intends to discuss a constitutional measure to remove President Trump from office, following questions regarding Trump's health as he recovers from coronavirus.

The 25th Amendment allows for the vice president to become acting president if is determined that the president "is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office."
David
Administrator

Re: 25th Amendment

Post by David »

The left just showed their hand i.e. they know that don't have a shot at winning the election.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Well they keep getting caught trying to cheat in the elections, so they figured they better come up with another plan.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Another possibility exists, put forth on Tucker Carlson. Pelosi stated today that this supposedly has nothing to do with President Trump, it's for 'future' Presidents. So in a hypothetical Biden win, they could take him out and make Harris the Prez.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

+1
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Again, stop listening to this jack-assery. It is a waste of time when you could be making your life better, or doing better things.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:30 am Again, stop listening to this jack-assery. It is a waste of time when you could be making your life better, or doing better things.

I disagree. Far to many Americans don't follow politics like they should. Crazy Nancy is attempting to set up a coup, not of Trump (that failed) but of Biden should he win (he won't). That way they can take him out. Harris can't be President because she's not a naturalized U.S. citizen so it would then go to crazy Nancy. But if you 'stop listening' you won't know what's going on.

Look at it this way, I use to do seminars. I would ask the audience who could name 5 foot ball teams. Hands go up everywhere. Who can name 5 basket ball teams? Again, hand go up everywhere. Who can name 5 hollywood actors and their current marital status? Once again, hands up all over the auditorium. Okay, now who can name their Congressional Representative, your two Senators and what Congressional District you live in? Not a hand goes up and nothing but crickets.

So most people know more about useless crap like sports and movie stars than things that actually have a direct impact on their lives. Kinda-sorta like what the Communist Manifesto states as the blue print of destroying a country from within. But if you 'stop listening' you won't know that either.

bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

Amen! I found out that my two state representatives have no opposition. I learned that there was a candidate opposite my congresswoman and I contributed generously.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Dave: What does it take to pass a 25th Amendment? Tell me that, then do the simple math, and tell me that you should still be listening to this...don't you have a big Korean Missle to worry about or something tangible?

You can't start/stop/change what Congress does. They do not work for you. They do not care about you. This has nothing to do with you, America, or its people. If Google/Apple/Pfizer/Bershire-Hatheway/Citibank want that, it will happen. And there is nothing you can do to stop it if they do - and it will happen without mention to you. And if they don't, it won't.

This is just political politicking for no reason, and you are caught in their web of BS. You need another gun!
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:24 am This is just political politicking for no reason, and you are caught in their web of BS. You need another gun!
Sorry Bob, but you're wrong. There is a reason. And it's not for Trump, it's for Biden. Not that he will win (and they know he's not going to win) but if he were to win it gives them the ability to remove him, which is there plan. That isn't some closet conspiracy theory, it's being spoken about openly.

What crazy Nancy is trying to do is make the 25th easier to enact.

The defeatest mentality that you project is the wrong path to travel. The 'you can't fight city hall' isn't always true. The resulting 'red wave' that I believe we are going to see again, across the board, is an example of one of the tools we have to 'fight city hall'.