Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dead at 87

The place to gather and chat about any and all topics not covered elsewhere on the board.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dead at 87

Post by Bmyers »

Ruth Bader Ginsburg, the enigmatic, longtime Supreme Court justice who attained near cult-like status among progressive circles, died Friday at the age of 87 from complications surrounding metastatic pancreatic cancer.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ruth-bader-g ... dies-at-87
tom mac
Board Founder

Re: Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dead at 87

Post by tom mac »

Going to be a crap show soon with one side wanting to get in the new judge and one not...
how much of it it going to be thrown around.

Amy Coney Barrett ( poss number one choice ) prob going to be picked apart due to her religion again
You can't fix stupid !
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Mitch McConnell stated that any pick from POTUS will be voted on in the Senate. Dem meltdown in 3...2...1
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Almost afraid to ask if 2020 can get in more interesting?
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Shhh, don't ask :lol:
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I see a lot of folks suddenly spouting how RBG was a pioneer and a wonderful role model and such. They either don't know or have suddenly forgotten she was a huge proponent of pedophilia.

Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mitt-r ... rt-nominee

Sen. Mitt Romney said on Tuesday that he supports the Senate in moving forward with a Supreme Court nominee from President Trump ahead of the presidential election, further tipping the nomination math in favor of Republicans who want to replace the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg with a conservative.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

That's a bit of a surprise. Well see if he sticks to it or not. And whether it gives the nominee an up vote.

Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

I wonder if they will try to get this all accomplished before the election?
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Historically it is very possible. Many have been confirmed in less than 40 days and IIRC, some in just a day or so.