new addition to my range

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Mac66
Board Founder

new addition to my range

Post by Mac66 »

I picked up this plate rack (bottom) last summer. I bought it from a guy who bought it and never used it. It was still in the unopened box. Not sure what his issue was with it but I got it for about 1/3 of it's original cost. It's been sitting in my shed up at the woods house since last summer. Been spending a lot of time up at the house working, doing chores etc and needed a break. Hauled it out and set it up. Called the "shoot to reset plate rack" from challengetargets.com

The top rack in the photo are knock down plates. There is a rope you can pull to reset them. The new rack consists of 3 round plates and a square one (far right/hard to see). When hit the round plates swing up and and lock into place. Hitting the square one releases them. I was taking a break from my chores so didn't shoot it very much, ran a couple mags through my G3c at it. It works well with centerfire, not so much with rimfire (not enough force to lock the targets back, but still moves them so you can see the hits). Apparently you can buy rimfire plates for it. Looking forward to playing with it more.
David
Administrator

Re: new addition to my range

Post by David »

Sweet! I'd love to have one in my backyard :)
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Looks nice.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

go ahead, make us jealous
You can't fix stupid !
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

It's not Hickock 45, but it is way cooler than me!!!

Looks like fun!
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

I've posted this before but couldn't find the thread here.

Here is the rest of my range before I added the plate racks on the left. The far right is 22 only. The targets on the top are spring loaded, ie, they pop back up when hit. The round plates below are just hung with a screw. They dance around when hit. The ones on the bottom are just swingers. Not shown is a 22 reset target. Hit the plates and they swing up, hit the top plate to drop/reset them.

The center and left sections are center fire but you can shoot 22s on the rest of the targets as well. The knock down bowling pin plates are on hinges as are the tombstone aka dirt bag plates. I do have another set of large bowling pin plates but haven't figured out a way or place to mount them yet.
Gnepig
Board Founder

Post by Gnepig »

That's cool...
... Just a Dude...