Carry at the Gym?

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Mac66
Board Founder

Carry at the Gym?

Post by Mac66 »

Now that I'm back going to the gym I started thinking about carrying while working out. Who knows a gym might be the perfect place for an active shooter to find victims. Banks, schools, malls, post offices, stores, all had active shooters, why not a gym?

Never felt comfortable leaving my gun in locker at Planet Fitness and it is difficult to pack while working out. Was thinking about a fanny pack but don't have one I could use currently so I started digging around and found an old CaseLogic Discman belt pack. Okay, a "Discman", how many decades ago was that?

Turns out to be a pretty good option. Has 2 zipper pockets. The rear pocket is big enough for my LC9s pr G3c. The other pocket big enough for extra mag, flashlight, ID/wallet, phone, Leatherman, reading glasses and more. Even has an outside mesh pocket for other stuff if needed and it has a couple small zipper pockets on each side for change, money etc. And it's kind of innocuous.

I did tie a piece of red paracord on the zipper to make it easier to grab.

And not very noticeable with my shirt out

Of course if I really wanted to look old school I'd run a set of corded headphones from the pack up to my ears. :lol:

I'm off to the gym this afternoon to see how it works.
David
Administrator

Re: Carry at the Gym?

Post by David »

Looks like it should work fine. Low profile, grey man and practical.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

Looks good... don't trust the lockers... at my local gym they had 5 cut open recently. Wonder how the bolt cutters were smuggled in :)
You can't fix stupid !
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

I used it at the gym yesterday. Just did cardio yesterday, 12 mins ea on the bike, elliptical, stair stepper and treadmill. No one pays any attention to an old man at the gym.

It got sweaty but was comfortable. Got to remember to take the gun out so it doesn't rust and the pack dries.

I'll be back at the gym today to weight lift. We'll see how that works out.

Lifting worked out fine. I'm good to go either way.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Oh I carry at the gym alright. Two guns right out in plain sight!
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Bob wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:50 pm Oh I carry at the gym alright. Two guns right out in plain sight!
:lol:
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

I carry at the gym. It is in a case that I have my phone in, ID, and a little cash that I take from machine to machine with me. My wife says it is my murse.