Florida begins arming teachers as other states consider doing the same

A general discussion area for topics not specifically covered elsewhere on the board. NO politics. If the topic would fit it a specific section please post in that specific section.
David
Administrator

Florida begins arming teachers as other states consider doing the same

Post by David »

https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/flori ... 1kureEMVdc

"If all else fails and my child is sitting in a classroom with some psycho coming through that door, I want my child behind that teacher, and I want that teacher equipped to do something to help themselves, which is also going to help my child," said Adam Cohen, whose two kids are enrolled in Okeechobee County schools."
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Re: Florida begins arming teachers as other states consider doing the same

Post by Ronin.45 »

It's amazing that this solution wasn't obvious to everyone.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

The State is now placing our children under the barrels of their guns in classrooms.

Fortunately - teachers in Florida have been bastions of solid behavior and good decision making!

I understand the thoughts. Not sure where I stand on this. I'd say this shouldn't be an issue because "2nd Amendment" but we'll see.

The first time a teacher goes off and kills kids, or kills a kid defending themselves....we'll see how this goes.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Israel doesn't seem to have an issue with their teachers being armed.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Israel also does not have a problem with compulsory military service for all citizens. So, every teacher is also a trained military member.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:44 pm Israel also does not have a problem with compulsory military service for all citizens. So, every teacher is also a trained military member.
I would imagine any teacher wishing to carry will be trained similarly to the Guardian Program. I don’t recall how many hours it consisted of off hand but I’ll guestimate 40 hours.