Trump to nominate Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court: sources

The place to gather and chat about any and all topics not covered elsewhere on the board.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Re: Trump to nominate Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court: sources

Post by Bmyers »

Been watching the interrogation, I mean committee hearing when work time would allow. Main is that lady a calm cookie. Nothing seems to rattle her and she is able to stay so composed. The biggest take away I have gotten so far, Trump bad man, Republicans bad people, we should wait to appoint someone.

Her answers to how she would rule on a case has been excellent.

I think the best part, when they asked to see her notes and she holds up a blank pad. She is one smart cookie.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bmyers wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:57 am I think the best part, when they asked to see her notes and she holds up a blank pad. She is one smart cookie.
Yep! Meanwhile the Dems are reading from their prepared statements. Most of which has nothing to do with her qualifications. :mrgreen:
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

It will be interesting to see what happens on the 22nd. I think once she is appointed, the left will lose their mind and could make for an interesting weekend.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

At least the left is consistent in their selective outrage. :D
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Reading the articles, it looks like the confirmation vote could be scheduled by as early as Sunday 25th.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

I will say - she took names and kicked @$$. Impressive performance. I like her.

Dems just grandstanding because they can't stop it.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Be interesting if they have a committee vote on her today or not.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

From what I thought, the confirmation is next Monday unless I heard wrong? Left is still flipping out of course.

Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

The Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday unanimously advanced the Supreme Court nomination of Judge Amy Coney Barrett at its executive business meeting despite a decision by Democrats to boycott the Thursday markup in protest of how close Republicans are moving the nomination to Election Day.

Barrett was reported favorably out of the Judiciary Committee by 12-0, with no Democrats present.

"That was their choice. It will be my choice to vote the nominee out of committee," Senate Judiciary Committee Chiarman Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said at the beginning of the meeting. "We are not going to allow them to take over the committee. They made a choice not to participate."

Graham on Thursday at the markup also slammed Democrats for allegedly beginning the process that led to the increased politicization of the Supreme Court during the Obama administration when they removed the filibuster for lower federal court nominees.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Reading online that it appears the full Senate confirmation vote will most likely occur tomorrow.