Trump to nominate Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court: sources

The place to gather and chat about any and all topics not covered elsewhere on the board.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Trump to nominate Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court: sources

Post by Bmyers »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump- ... rt-sources

From what I have read, it appears that she is good 2nd Amendment supporter.
David
Administrator

Re: Trump to nominate Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court: sources

Post by David »

They'll be attacking her religious beliefs. Which of course is not a valid reason to attack someone but it will demonstrate their lack of religious belief.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

I guess freedom of religion doesn't apply to judges personal life.

Along with that, I seen the Dems were proposing term limits for judges. Once the Dems propose term limits for themselves (Congress) and PASS that into law, then we can talk about limiting any other position.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

Congress limits would be my FIRST choice !
2 terms just like the Pres.
You can't fix stupid !
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bingo!
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Freedom of religion applies to EVERYONES personal life. Or lack thereof, as the case may be.

Christians should be able to find more than enough reasons to attack her as a Catholic. The real question is does she leave her religion at the door to the court?

The More important thing, in my opinion, how tight is she with the PARTY. SCOTUS has became more and more of a Bench Legislative body supporting the predominant party from which they came - not the Constitution.

Broken entity like the rest of it.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Yet here we are - worried about the religious implications...

Interesting...
David
Administrator

Post by David »

There is no reason for her to leave her 'religion at the door'. The founding fathers didn't. Separation of church and state isn't in the Constitution, it was in a brief. And it didn't mean what the left has tried to make it mean. It didn't protect the State FROM the church, it protected the church FROM the state. And right now anyone in a 501C3 isn't protected FROM the state. Indeed, the state is suppose to be guided by religious principles.

Roe V. Wade will be overturned btw.

Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

There is - because she has to adjudicate the constitution so that it works for everyone. Let's ponder a fully Catholic Supreme Court. Again - I don't think most Christians would be happy with that. Her Morality is not the same as her religion.

"Freedom of Religion" means all religions, including none. So if you are making legal decisions based on non-secular, religion-specific beliefs....you are gonna have problems.

Consider an all Southern Baptist Supreme Court. Or - just for fun...consider an all Muslim court. The decisions they would make based on their religion would be completely contradictory to the constitution.

Freedom isn't easy. It involves a whole lot of stuff you might not like!