Newest gun or latest upgrade

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Bob
Board Founder

Re: Newest gun or latest upgrade

Post by Bob »

FInally got a real Eotch for my 500!

Circle Dot on shotgun rules!!!

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Anyone notice how long it's been since I bought or traded/traded for a gun?

Just tossing that out.... :D
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

David wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:44 pm Anyone notice how long it's been since I bought or traded/traded for a gun?

I'm kind of on hiatus myself. Nothing much I need or want.
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

David wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:44 pm Anyone notice how long it's been since I bought or traded/traded for a gun?

I haven't been on a lot, but I am surprised you've slowed down so much.
I'm saving for a car so have slowed down myself. Only a new(pre-owned) scope recently. Although, the Sig 322 is calling me.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I really feel pretty good about what I own. I wouldn't mind picking up an HK P30 in 40S&W but those don't come around all that often.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Strayz

Post by Strayz »

Mac66 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:17 am

I have another problem.

I have started collecting stamps. Waiting for my next purchase now a Dead Air Sandman S...

Don't start down the quite side unless you feel the need to thread everything and get a husher for everything.
Sometimes things need to be said, Other times things must be done.
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

Strayz wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:10 pm

I have another problem.

I have started collecting stamps. Waiting for my next purchase now a Dead Air Sandman S...

Don't start down the quite side unless you feel the need to thread everything and get a husher for everything.
Welcome to the club. Suppressors can get addicting. Especially Rimfire. It's just common sense that each one should have a dedicated can.
Strayz

Post by Strayz »

Ronin.45 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:41 am
Strayz wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:10 pm

I have another problem.

Welcome to the club. Suppressors can get addicting. Especially Rimfire. It's just common sense that each one should have a dedicated can.
I am on number 6 right now. They are just a lot of fun. I find myself as I look at them buying one a year now, might accelerate to more now that it is supposed to be less than 120 days for form 4's.

I am starting to agree with most. Buy 2-3 .22 cans then as needed. Avoid Pistol cans as they are ok and kinda fun, but not supper practical after the first one. Then get each rifle it's own. LOL

I have been thinking about SBR a few rifles as things continue. a 10 inch .300 black out bolt gun is kinda sounding fun...
Sometimes things need to be said, Other times things must be done.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bought 87 rounds of Gold Dot 180 HP's locally for $30 for my 40 S&W pistols. Thought that was a pretty good deal. I like Gold Dots.

Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

I pointed out to my wife that I don't believe that I have purchased any firearms in the last three years. I know we haven't in the last two and we were trying to remember when we bought the last one and it could be over three years.

I think because we got into various remodeling work in the house, money has gone towards upgrading/new tools for various projects so the gun fund has been running low. I would still like to get a another lever action rifle and another shotgun, just haven't been high on the priority list and with prices, just not willing to jump.