What have you done this week to forward your prepping goals 2022

A general discussion area for topics not specifically covered elsewhere on the board. NO politics. If the topic would fit it a specific section please post in that specific section.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Re: What have you done this week to forward your prepping goals 2022

Post by Bmyers »

Congrats on 70, I hope some day to make it there myself.
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

1. Welcome to the age 70 Plus Club.

2. Prepping this week. Finger surgery today. Another one in the near future. Finish the current dental round on Friday.

Remember always that physical/mental health is as important as tools and skills in survival preparedness.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

Hope yr surg goes well...
You can't fix stupid !
fishingjeff
Board Founder

Post by fishingjeff »

BD Hope all goes well with your surgery. Had 3 myself. Not a real problem, just a big inconvenience.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

Just finished up again with the DDS... needed a crown.
Health is way up there in survival
You can't fix stupid !
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Installed night sights on the G34 which is likely to become my night stand pistol. Charging up a few lithium batteries for some of my flashlights.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

I ordered some various lube products (WD40 Dry Lube, WD40 Silicone Lube, etc.) and tried to purchase enough to get me through the west of the year. I'm looking over my lawnmower this weekend and going to get the parts ordered for it (spark plug, air filter, etc.) and have them on hand. Normally, this stuff is done in the fall and put away ready to go, but I figured with current world crises and recent events, I better start thinking more outside the box than just food because everyday items could become more difficult to obtain for a while. Especially if everything goes south in Europe.

I also ordered some more batteries for my DeWalt tool system. Just don't like how things are looking on the global picture and I still have things to get done.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Vetted my new holster for my Glock 21. That was a successful and inexpensive experiment.

Still haven't found my two main battery chargers but did find the smaller back up charger. So I charged up several of my main light batteries.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bogart

Post by Bogart »

I bought a new rifle, a Henry golden boy, .22 s, l, lr octagon Barrell and buckhorn sights. This thing is nice, beautiful wood and finish. Shot it at 26 then 50 yards perfectly sighted in, did not have to adjust the sights at all.
18 round tubular magazine, the only thing that I would like on it would be a side loading gate but this is a great rifle even without that. There is something about a lever gun that is just right. It can be cycled with my little finger only, smooth as silk. And the trigger is nice and smooth at just a tad over 5 lbs.

I see a .38 / .357 one of these on my future.

If you have been wanting one of these I will highly recommend one.

Shine on!
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

I reloaded 12 ga shotgun shells...finally. I inherited a Mec loader when my dad died along with pounds of Red Dot powder, a bag #7 1/2 shot, bags and bags (at lease 1k) of empty shells and wads but no primers. Shotgun primers have been very scarce so I put a notice up on the local gun forum and ended up trading 9mm ammo for 5,000 primers. Primers are new, everything else is at least 40+ years old.

Finally set it all up and loaded 100 rounds. Will try some of them out on my trip up to the woods house this weekend. I'm thinking of taking a combat shotgun class at a local range. Probably don't need it but what the heck, why not? Shotgun shells are pretty scarce in stores, though I think I have about 200 birdshot stashed away. Would rather use the handloads if I can get them to run in my guns.

That ammo holder at the bottom of the photo is actually a box loader. You stack the shells in it then slip the box over and invert it. All the shells go into the box. Pretty slick

And BTW...there are dozens of vintage 12 ga boxes in the bin with all the reloading stuff. All stuff from the 60's & 70s. Kind of cool to look at.

And I loaded another 50 today (Thurs 14 Apr)

Shot up about 50 rounds over the weekend. Back to the bench today.