What have you done this week to forward your prepping goals 2022

A general discussion area for topics not specifically covered elsewhere on the board. NO politics. If the topic would fit it a specific section please post in that specific section.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Re: What have you done this week to forward your prepping goals 2022

Post by Bmyers »

We got ice and then 11 inches of snow. Now we have the cold temps. High in the mid-teens and low tonight -1 or so with a tomorrow in single digits.

Been out spreading salt this morning just so there is traction on the ice, everything refreezes over, sand would be better, but don't have any. May make a trip to the store later and get some cat litter.
Snow 2.jpg
Snow 2.jpg (21.04 KiB) Viewed 3993 times
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

Def.... cat liter works well for traction, carry a large coffee can in car just in case

Right now 50F here all 18" of snow gone but icing coming late today as temps drop. Bad for power lines if enough
You can't fix stupid !
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

we got another 2" of snow last night, temp @ 11 F. Easy cleanup but there is/was ice under the snow. We're talking SE Mich. Some places got more, some less
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

Got some more Stabil for stored gas.... Stabil itself is only good for 2yrs after being opened.
I stabilize my gas and rotate every summer.
You can't fix stupid !
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

1. https://www.bobvila.com/articles/how-lo ... line-last/

2. The life expectancy of gasoline used to be 1 year and now is considerably shorter because of the government reformulation of gasoline.

3. I used to rotate once a year. No longer. That was fine when I could take the gasoline containers to the gas station at 6 am in the dead of winter (when careless smokers would not be around). Now, I start adding the older gasoline to the fuel tank of the car starting at about 6 months, making sure that the tank is about 3/4 full.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

And that's why I put Stabil in the 5 gal cans before filling and only keep them 1 yr now before using ( dump in old car with car tank 1/2 )

Fuel-stabilized gasoline keeps for one to three years.

Fuel stabilizers (available on Amazon from brands like STA-BIL) are petroleum-based additives you can mix in with gasoline prior to storing it to slow oxidation and volatile compound evaporation and extend the shelf life of the gas. Depending on the product, the stabilizer can increase gasoline shelf life to between one and three years. Stabilizers work best when you mix them with new gasoline; they’re ineffective at slowing the degradation of old gas, and they can’t return contaminated gas to working order.
You can't fix stupid !
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bought night sights for my Glock 34. Going to vet it and likely make it my night stand pistol.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
fishingjeff
Board Founder

Post by fishingjeff »

Made it to the big 70. Still beating the cancers. One day at a time. Starting to do a little work on the trailer, when I can.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

keep it up now !
You can't fix stupid !
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Happy 70 :)
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".