What is your night stand pistol?

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
David
Administrator

What is your night stand pistol?

Post by David »

Currently using the Glock 19X but contemplating on switching up to the Glock 21.

How about you guys?
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
bdcochran

Re: What is your night stand pistol?

Post by bdcochran »

Never. Was widowed with a little one. Knew that as the little one grew up, friends would come in the house and probably steal.

Put twist deadbolt locks on all the bedroom doors. Every bedroom door had a coat hook so I put a fixed blade knife in a sheath attached, upside down on each bedroom door coat hook. Placed a black water pipe escrima stick in each room. Knew kids would not play with the same or steal them. Also knew that I would not accidentally shoot invited visitors.
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

I'm still using my G17
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

HK USP full size 9mm
124+p Federal HST
Streamlight TLR light under the barrel

Only have a Holster shot of it at the moment...it's in the drawer.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Thinking of continuing with the 19X in the roll of night stand/HD duty. Just hard to get past the 19+1 rounds on tap for bump-in-the-night scenarios. I want my wife to try the 19X to see if it's a viable choice for her night stand as well.

I thought about the G21 for night stand duty, and haven't totally dismissed the idea. But I'm leaning towards the continuity in the 9mm models I have for the HD role. And that would leave the G21 for woods carry which I think is a very good choice for my area. If the 45acp is popular in Alaska (and it is according to Chuke's Outdoor Adventures) then it would be fine for Florida.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

XD45
Gnepig
Board Founder

Post by Gnepig »

Two Beretta 92's- one on my side and one one her side. We both shoot them pretty well. They both have night sights and we keep them chambered with the hammers decocked. These things triggers have about an 8 lb pull, so you really have to mean to pull the trigger to fire one (double action). And if you run out of ammo- the 92s are so heavy you could beat someone to death with it. They really are pretty safe guns...
... Just a Dude...
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

XD45 is my second choice....Nice MAc.

Occassionally My Walther PPS is there besides my HK.
Erich

Post by Erich »

It depends - generally whatever I was carrying/am planning to carry. I suppose I have a bit of a preference for something with a light rail, but I have a converted E2e with a Malkoff head on the nightstand and a Maglite "tonk" alongside my bed. There's a 20-ga pump easily accessible and a 10.5" 5.56 AR pistol with light that's pretty quick to pull out, too.

I mean, last night it was a Chiefs Special, but I generally go for something with more rounds on board.

Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Nice