Key chain suspension clip

The area to discuss BOB's, EDC's, GHB's and other gear. Also includes Comms and other radio topics.
David
Administrator

Key chain suspension clip

Post by David »

One of the mostly highly useful items I've ever purchased. Put it on your keychain and simply clip it on your pocket. Keeps your keys and stuff from falling to the bottom of your pockets and bunging up. Makes them 'hang' in the pocket in an upright position.

They can be quite expensive on some sites, though I don't understand why? I've bought them for like 70 cents on Ebay. For that small amount I bought a bunch and have spares ready if needed. And these little suckers seem to last a long time. I'm still using my original purchases on different key chains and they work like the day I received them.

Two big thumbs up!
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
ActiveAl

Re: Key chain suspension clip

Post by ActiveAl »

Mulled this over for awhile and decided to get a few from https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-X-EDC-Bag-Su ... 2749.l2649. I have a big, bulky key chain that has, including about a 10 keys, a Spiderco Ladybug folder, pill fob, 3' measuring tape, and a CR2016 cell flashlight attached. (Not really that heavy, but bulky.) I plan to use this clip to carry my key chain from the house to the car (or grocery store to car, etc) on the outside of my right front pocket. This way, the keys are easily accessible when I get to the car. I may also try clipping the keys on the inside of the pocket for long term carry, like you do. I will probably be able to invent uses for the extra clips. Thanks for the tip David!
David
Administrator

Post by David »

You bet, greatest invention since sliced bread :)
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Erich

Post by Erich »

I agree: they're terrific! I use one on my SAK (Victorinox Spartan) and have found it to make the knife really shine. Pocket clips on knives (I first used them in the Eighties) really changed my psychology regarding the use of a knife that's buried in the bottom of my pocket - I am amazed to recognize the fact, but I sort of just consider it too much of a hassle to dig around and pull the thing out: it's generally easier to use another tool that's closer to hand. With the pocket clip mounted (as I mentioned on my Amazon review of the clip itself), I use my SAK far more than ever before.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

I find it a lot more convenient to have my 'survival' key chain on the pocket clip as it stays in place. No hunting in the bottom of my pocket. Also, they items on the key chain don't contact other items in the same pocket like my Zippo lighter or flashlight (EC11) that is clipped into the pocket as well. So the various items don't get all scratched up or damaged.