Dealing with injury

Preparedness starts with good health. Section for all things health and exercise related. Including discussions of current events in the world of health and medicine.
David
Administrator

Dealing with injury

Post by David »

Well, as I type this it's with my hand hand. I broke my wrist this morning. Just got home from the ER about an hour ago. I'm all splinted up and in a sling. Will be making an appointment with a hand surgeon tomorrow. Shoulder and hip got banged up a bit as well.

I thank the Lord it happened to my left because I'm right-handed. Same as when I broke my hand a few years back.

So it makes me aware of the limitations I'll have over the next couple of months. Looks like I'll be either pocket carrying or using a Sticky Holster because I can't put on my normal OWB holster.

So that was my day. :oops:
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Re: Dealing with injury

Post by Ronin.45 »

Sorry to hear, Dave. How'd you break it?
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Always good to practice when it isn't an emergency.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Ronin.45 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:04 pm Sorry to hear, Dave. How'd you break it?
By letting my brain write a check my body couldn't cash. I thought I could hop a gate...and I was wrong. Very stupid on my part, and very embarrassing :cry:
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

David wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:45 pm
Ronin.45 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:04 pm Sorry to hear, Dave. How'd you break it?
By letting my brain write a check my body couldn't cash. I thought I could hop a gate...and I was wrong. Very stupid on my part, and very embarrassing :cry:
Those checks get harder to cash as we get older.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Yes, definitely a wake up call. I use to hop walls like that as part of my PAT. Painful lesson learned.

Had my son take the TLR-6 off my P365 so that it can fit in my Sticky Holster. I'll have to either pocket carry or IWB. I'll have to play with it to see what works. And I have the LCP 2 as well.

Also makes me glad I know one-hand manipulations like reloading and malfunction drills.

Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Glad it is nothing more serious than a broken wrist.

Praying for a speedy recovery.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

feel better ...
You can't fix stupid !
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Oh man, sorry to hear of your injury.

Note to self.....be careful working around property
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

We knew it was nothing to be proud of when you didn't include it in the original post...LOL

Got a one handed tourniquet? Just in case?