Political signs

The place to gather and chat about any and all topics not covered elsewhere on the board.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Political signs

Post by Bmyers »

My wife and I have generally kept a low profile when it comes to politics. We vote in ever election. We would on rare occasion put a political sign in our yard for local elections when friends would run.

This year we have signs in our yard for Trump/Pence. Living here for over 25 years and I think this is the first time we have ever put signs in our yard for the Presidential race.

Now, I don't know if it because we feel like we need to be more politically active or if we are hoping the security cameras we have pointed at them will catch someone trying to vandalize them?
Bob
Board Founder

Re: Political signs

Post by Bob »

So much for the "Grey Man"

As for the 'Hoping to catch' a couple of thoughts:

You could have also put a sign that said "Antifa/BLM - strike here!"

Here is the other, more serious point: Why would you knowingly put yourself into a situation that resulted in wasting time going after someone vandalizing a sign? seems like time/effort that could be put to better things....

That said - I support your right to support anyone you want on your property! Hope that works out for you.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

Near me, putting out a Trump sign is like saying come damage my cars, property, etc... NY sucks
Usu they will just take the signs, but why take a chance.

I'd rather be the quiet man and then vote in private
You can't fix stupid !
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Neighbor has the BLM sign, felt that I needed to show I disagree (the neighbor and I are friends, just disagree on some issues, but been neighbors for over 20 years). IF you drive around our community, I counted over a 100 Trump signs, two BLM signs, and 2 Biden signs.

My new American flag came in yesterday, which I will be mounting over the weekend.

I agree with Bob and Tom, most of the time I love the grey man and minding my own business. Yet, I'm tired of so many putting down our country, disgracing our flag, blaming my race for everything wrong.

I just feel like it is time to take a stand for what I feel is right. Typically taking a stand has consequences, if you not willing to pay the price, then don't take the stand.

Which reminds me, I need to order a new Blue lives matter flag, the last few storms have started tearing up the ends of the flag.
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

I love the grey man and minding my own business.

I feel the same way. I confine myself to making political donations rather than making overt political displays. Maybe that is the reason that I can talk to all the neighbors and family members (who all seem to be fighting all the time).

I have not seen any political signs. The few bumper stickers were for the senator from Vermont. This is way different than when Obama ran for president and nearly every detached home had an Obama sign in the front yard.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

Don't put political signs out,
But, I do run an American flag on my home 24/7
You can't fix stupid !
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

tom mac wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:16 am Near me, putting out a Trump sign is like saying come damage my cars, property, etc... NY sucks
Usu they will just take the signs, but why take a chance.

I'd rather be the quiet man and then vote in private
and that's how Trump will win. Again. No one believes polls are anonymous or random anymore. You don't really know how many are going to vote for Trump
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Bmyers wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:38 am our community, I counted over a 100 Trump signs, two BLM signs, and 2 Biden signs.
Oh. That wasn't even worth posting then.... :lol:
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

I found a new Biden sign I hadn't seen when I was walking the dog Friday. Today, walked by the house and all the neighbors (one on each side and one across the street) had put out Trump signs.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Just a little update, the BLM sign came down. It was interesting, after several conversations, he decided that BLM didn't truly represent the needed change that he was hoping for.

I asked about the 'needed change'? He stated to end racism. I said that is what BLM claims they are doing. He nodded no and walked away.