Your EDC bag

The area to discuss BOB's, EDC's, GHB's and other gear. Also includes Comms and other radio topics.
David
Administrator

Your EDC bag

Post by David »

I have a multitude of different sling bags but I think my overall favorite is the Maxpedition Lunada Gearslinger. I got it off Ebay at a very good price. It was actually listed as a Remora Gearslinger but turned out to be the Lunada which was a nice surprise since it's more expensive than the Remora and has additional features.

One of the videos that I viewed when looking at Maxpeditions was from Sootch00 on YT.

There are a lot of clones out there that are also good bargains. It's nice though when you can snag a Maxpedition at a good price.

My Lunda, note the UV Paqlites I've put in the webbing for visibility;

The UV Paqlites are visible even in full day light.

If you use a bag of some sort, what to you use and why did you chose it?
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Re: Your EDC bag

Post by Bob »

Never cheap on the bag. All of your gear is useless if you can't carry it!
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:43 pm Never cheap on the bag. All of your gear is useless if you can't carry it!
Did you get your Lunada’s yet?
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

I did! I threw both under the tree as "up for grabs." Looks like someone grabbed one and I have one left - so I get one!
David
Administrator

Post by David »

My wife and I were shopping a few days ago and I saw this sling bag at TJ MAX for $16.99. Like the look so I picked it up to try out. It's been working well and is quite comfortable. It is slightly smaller and not as wide as the Maxpedition Lunada pictured above, which is fine. It isn't as rugged as the Maxpedition of course, but for out-and-about it should be fine. And it's more 'grey man' that the Lunada which isn't a bad thing at all. I'll continue to use the Maxi Lunada for normal day-to-day and use the one above for more dressy/formal occasions.

Holds my IFAK, Maxpedition Pocket Organizer with a few things, battery charger pack and cables and attachments, Sawyer water filter and a few other odd-n-ends I like to have handy.

Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Placing a link for my bags video here:

http://sepboard.us/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=164
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:25 am I did! I threw both under the tree as "up for grabs." Looks like someone grabbed one and I have one left - so I get one!
What color? And are you going to use it as an EDC type of bag?

David
Administrator

Post by David »

I have a knock off of the Maxpedition Proteus but I do like the bag. I've considered spending the money to buy the Maxpedition version.

Tixx

Post by Tixx »

I use the Maxpedition Pygmy Falcon II bag for EDC.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Tixx wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:58 am I use the Maxpedition Pygmy Falcon II bag for EDC.
That definitely will have plenty of room for just about anything you'd need. How long have you been using it?