Flashlights for extended power outages

Flashlights, lanterns, torches and anything that sheds a little light for your path.
xxo

Re: Flashlights for extended power outages

Post by xxo »

Some of the cells a ML25 LED can run on - C, AA, AAA, CR123A, 16340, 14500, 18650, 21700.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

xxo wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:54 pm Image

Some of the cells a ML25 LED can run on - C, AA, AAA, CR123A, 16340, 14500, 18650, 21700.
That's pretty impressive. I'm unfamiliar with some of those adapters. Do you have any links for those adapters?
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
xxo

Post by xxo »

I made them myself with 3D printing. I started to sell them on the bay and I still have a few left, but I don't know when or if I will be making anymore because I don't have access to a 3D printer at the moment.
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

ThruNite Archer 1A V3 200 Lumens (max setting). I think that this was a light David recommended. He also got me started into the long term, extremely low light search. Under 1 lumen option low flashlight.

The problem after shtf is that a person might need an extremely low powered light for night movement and not disturb people and also have a long time usage of an AA battery. I like the under $4 Sipik Sk68 lights one mode. But the battery life is only about 2 hours. Moreover, most people in the market for a light usually want the brighest light in the budget. There is a brand which outstanding in extreme low light, but the manufacturer uses 123a batteries which would difficult to find after shtf.

I don't go camping anymore - too old. This would be the light to have in the tent or in the campground that would not disturb other people.

The girlfriend is finally getting into batteries. She just had to purchase 32 2A lithium batteries for controllers. Wow! She certainly learned that high technology comes with a price tag!
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

These are the specifications on the recent purchase. Please note the extended life at low lumens. The firefly level will allow you to move about a room, walk down a trail when there is no moonlight or starlight. You cannot do everything at that level. However, if you have sheltered in an underground parking structure, or have to climb down a 12 story building on the stairs, or get ready and go before people get up ... In Vietnam, if you were on patrol, you made like you were hunkering down before night fall and then moved your location after dark to a new location. You might want to have that capability if shtf and you think that it might be possible that you are under observation. And, if no have no spare battery at hand, you are still good for many days.
Archer 1A V3 Specifications:

Model Name: ThruNite Archer 1A V3
LED:CREE XP-L V6 LED with a lifespan of 20+ years of run time
Output Run-time:

Firefly: 0.1 lumen (17 days);
Low: 17 lumen (22 hours);
Medium: 75 lumen (5 hours);
High: 200 lumen (115 minutes);
Strobe: 200 lumen (3.5 hours).

Battery: 1 AA (not included)
Working Voltage: 0.9V-5V
Peak Beam Intensity: 1088 cd
Max beam distance: 66 m
Waterproof to IPX-8 standard (2 meters)
Weight: 60g(without battery)
Impact resistant: 1 meters
Dimensions: 110mm in length, 23mm bezel diameter
Accessories: Pocket clip x1 Spare O ring x2 Lanyard x 1

Operation

Turn ON/OFF
xxo

Post by xxo »

I think the longest running single AA light that I own is an old 80 lumen Inova X1 which ran for 42 hrs on the 11 lumen low mode on a standard eneloop.

The Mag 2C ML25 should run for about 53 hrs in its 29 lumen low mode on a 5000 mAh keep power 21700.