We are back

A general discussion area for topics not specifically covered elsewhere on the board. NO politics. If the topic would fit it a specific section please post in that specific section.
Ghost
Board Founder

We are back

Post by Ghost »

Hey looks like David has us back up and running.
David
Administrator

Re: We are back

Post by David »

We are back! :D

Well it took about a week. The old server was hacked and corrupted. Our old board wasn't the target but it was a casualty. Unfortunately, everything was lost and it is now a rebuilding process. But gives us a chance for a fresh start. I'm hoping to see all the familiar faces back and new ones joining.

We're now on a new host server and I did a three-year contract. So we should be good to go from here on out.

I will be upgrading the board as I learn my way around. One of my goals is embedding videos since that was a popular function on the other board. So join, post, enjoy and stay tuned folks. SEP is back.

And thanks for hanging with me/us.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

It's ALIVE
You can't fix stupid !
bdc
Board Founder

Post by bdc »

While the board was down, I did the following:
1. set up folders for navigation, knives- sharpening, trapping and other skills and archery. I then took my bookmarked youtube video access codes and put them in the individual folders. Then made a back up of the folders on a usb key :) . I have found that if I don't regularly practice a skill, I start to lose it. Having a folder with youtube references on a subject allows a fast review. I can take the 10 minutes a day to watch a refresher video.

2. I started on a program of watching one youtube video a day on using androids and cell phones. Currently, my lifestyle doesn't need a cell phone/ipad/book reader device. Some day, it might and I can get up to speed slowly.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Glad to see you are back! I like the new look.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Really good to see the familiar ‘faces’ :D

So the YouTube feature is added. I’m adding sections as I remember them. I’ll stream like a bit on the sections that weren’t used much. AndI’ll add additional features as I figure out out to do it,lol.

I think after all is said and done that this board will have more to offer than the old one. And hopefully outages are a thing of the past.

And remember, his isn’t my board it’s OURS.

Have fun and go nuts!
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
racer

Post by racer »

Glad you got it all setup, and it looks good!
David
Administrator

Post by David »

It's getting there. Still need to learn some more tricks of the trade so-to-speak, but it's fun :)

Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

I'm in again!
Gnepig
Board Founder

Post by Gnepig »

Here...
... Just a Dude...