The Shotgun Thread

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
David
Administrator

The Shotgun Thread

Post by David »

Looking over this section, I realized we don't have a dedicated Shotgun thread. So here it is :D

Post your comments, pics and experiences with shotguns.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Re: The Shotgun Thread

Post by Bob »

Everyone, including Dave, needs a shotgun! LOL

Seriously - I maintain a single pump 12g shotgun is the most overall high utility weapon there is. Everyone should own a couple.
Or at least a 20g. But with stock options, ammo selection, and it's general public acceptance, hard to argue.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Also - heard this on a pod cast recently.

"Don't tac-out your HD shotgun"

I understand the reason for this; Kill an intruder and your defense may have a hard time. I really think this varies from state to state. Not worried in Florida.

Planning on adding an Eotch, but my gun of choice is a Mossberg 500 Persuader. Pretty tactical already; Black, AR adjustable stock, saddle shells, heat shield. I'm feeling that an Eotch isn't adding any more prosecution danger than is already there. I'm sticking with "It's a defensive weapon, and I used it to defend myself"
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

My defense shotgun is an old Mossberg 500 I bought it at a police auction for $20 back in the 1980s. It had a 26" ventrib barrel.

I refurbished it about 10 years ago with new stock, slide, barrel and painted it with baked on engine paint.

Shown with my Mossberg Shockwave non-shotgun.

The Shockwave is so unpleasant to shoot I'm not sure why I keep it except as a novelty.
Bogart

Post by Bogart »

Good, old reliable Mossberg 500. Never failed me. Interchangeable barrels are great.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

My Mossberg 535 has two barrels: 22” Turkey and 26” Field. Came with full, mod, improved cyl and Turkey chokes.

Could hunt everything with it