Thank you for adding me

Please introduce yourself here.
Robert70

Thank you for adding me

Post by Robert70 »

I'm just an ole fart that has been doing this prep thang for many years. I'm a 6+generation Arizona Native. My Heritage is rooted in the 'Pioneer' Days of the 1800's. Folks that had to prepare or starve. I'm glad that I found y'all. I also thank an Admin/from another forum that posted this BBS/site on a thread, I started there! Again, thanks for the add! :)
David
Administrator

Re: Thank you for adding me

Post by David »

Welcome and glad to have you.

What part of Arizona? I was born in Tuscon.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Robert70

Post by Robert70 »

I was born in Phoenix, AZ 1952. My family moved to the Gila Valley in SE Arizona in 1969 when I was nearly 17. After my first TOD in the USAF, couple of years (3) of college enlisted in The USA Warrant Officer Flight training, but after a training accident washed me out of flight school. After a year of healing & retraining in other MOS's I pent 3 years in Germany. ETS'd 1981. Dang! Long winded aren't I! Moved to Glendale in 1985, then back to Tucson in 1988. Moved back here to the Gila Valley in 2004, where I'm sitting on my fat butt drinking coffee & smoking a cig. Wow! that's pretty much my life story. It's more involved than this, but you get the idea. I loved Tucson, but It's just to liberal for my taste.
Robert70

Post by Robert70 »

I'm still learning the 'ropes' here, and I'm just browsing through posts. I find a lot that interest me, but quite a few posts are maybe 3 years old, so IF I respond to a post that old, likely I'll not get a reply?
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Robert70 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 8:31 am I find a lot that interest me, but quite a few posts are maybe 3 years old, so IF I respond to a post that old, likely I'll not get a reply?
You probably will, so feel free to necro threads as much as you like. Always interesting to get other perspectives and also see if previously responding members have changed anything (gear, opinion, POV).
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Welcome to the website.
Robert70

Post by Robert70 »

Bmyers wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 6:38 am Welcome to the website.
Thanks, I appreciate that. This looks a lot different since the last time I was on a BBS. Back in the late 1980's if I remember correctly. I was living in Tucson, AZ again. Glad to be here.
Erich

Post by Erich »

Welcome!