Deer Blinds 2024

The section for hunting, fishing, camping, hiking and all of our outdoor adventures. This section includes gardening and the harvesting of game and other edibles.
Mac66
Board Founder

Re: Deer Blinds Udated

Post by Mac66 »

Didn't get anything done on the blind on Saturday due to a family reunion. Spent all day at the beech and on my son's boat after the reunion.

Spent Sunday clearing the back ridge of brush and saplings below the new blind.

I finally got around to cutting the windows and stained the new blind yesterday (monday) Need to pick up hinges for the door and I should have some plexi glass laying around I could use for the windows. As I said this one came together much quicker than the first one.

I tried putting it on an elevated steel frame I had another blind on. I don't think that's going to work. It was higher than the first stand I made from pallets. The metal frame seemed kind of flimsy, not as sturdy for the much heavier new blind so I'm going to use wood pallets again. I have some 3 footers, but the other one is on 5 footers. Probably will go look for 4 or 5 footers. Don't need anything higher than that. Will have to check the places I got the crates and other pallets from to see if still available.

Pics when I get back up there the end of this week. I'm home just to see my mom on Wed & Thurs, then back north Thurs afternoon.
Mac66
Board Founder

Re: Deer Blinds 2024

Post by Mac66 »

The new blind. Pulled out a tote cage to set the blind on. Its about 4' high. I think it'll be strong enough but not decided to use it. Probably going to keep looking for pallets to set it on.There will be stairs and a platform added

Last edited by Mac66 on Tue Aug 13, 2024 3:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Checked all my regular places for pallets the last 3 days. No luck so far. Don't eally need to put the blind up until October so I have some time. Or I could just build a stand frame if I can't find pallets high enough to use.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Getting caught up with these posts.

Decided to use the tote cage so put the new blind up. Still need to build the stairs.