New Zombie Apocalypse PDW Day!

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Bob
Board Founder

New Zombie Apocalypse PDW Day!

Post by Bob »

So, I have no problem making my very definitive opinions on caliber known. I have grown up shooting my entire life. Pretty sure the first time I shot sa .22 was when I was 5 years old. Anyway, at some point one asks the question "What is the best caliber/platform for a Zombie Apocalypse?" My definitive answer:

A 5.56 AR Pistol with ~ a 10 inch barrel

Here is why.

1. 5.56 - high velocity, small caliber, perfect for penetrating rotten zombie skulls, highly accurate
2. Short length makes it extremely fast and usable in tight hallways where unexpected Zeds might show up
3. The caliber is effective on non-friendly humans out to a reasonable range ~200 yards
4. Common caliber, so easily found.
5. Perfect for carrying a large number of rounds, for those zombie hordes.
6. Always go 5.56, because .223 out of it is just fine.

The weapon you see is a Spike's Tactical lower, with a custom upper/M-Lok hand guard from Miami
That's a Magpul Hex Mag with grip tape
The "stock" is a Thorsden Cheek Weld. No "Pistol brace" in danger of being banned by the ATF, and I would, of course, never use it as a shoulder brace.
Optics include Magpul MBus backup Iron sights, and the optic is a Holosun solar circle dot (in green, of course, and because batteries can get rare in a Zombie Apocalypse)
The Compensator on the front is handy for skull F&*^&ing a Zombie if you run out of ammo.
Magpul front brace and Bravo Company pistol grip complete the weapon
The Green is Duracoat Zombie Green

So, when (not if) the undead hordes do begin to roam - THIS is my weapon of choice!

David
Administrator

Re: New Zombie Apocalypse PDW Day!

Post by David »

Why have a dedicated zombie gun?

Because those damn zombies aren't going to shoot themselves :D
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Gnepig
Board Founder

Post by Gnepig »

Huh, now I think I need one of those... Only If the zombie's head is painted on with phosphorescent paint and very other round is a tracer. Also needs a green beamed flashlight. Yeah!..
... Just a Dude...
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

I actually have a green laser....LOL
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

David wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:10 am Why have a dedicated zombie gun?

Because those damn zombies aren't going to shoot themselves :D
See - even Dave gets it!

It is primarily a "fun gun". so have fun!

(Don't get me wrong - 100% functional...keep away from the kids!)