Dr. Fauci and vitamin D

Preparedness starts with good health. Section for all things health and exercise related. Including discussions of current events in the world of health and medicine.
bdcochran

Dr. Fauci and vitamin D

Post by bdcochran »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqZLMoL ... e=emb_logo

The good doctor takes 6,000 units a day of vitamin D. I take the same dosage. :o
tom mac
Board Founder

Re: Dr. Fauci and vitamin D

Post by tom mac »

2K here daily... use to take more but a blood test showed I had excess D ( normal checkup )
You can't fix stupid !
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

This was fortunate: My doc said my Vitamin D was low in Jan. Put me on 50k units for a couple of weeks with calcium to aid absorption.

I still take 2k per day. One has to watch D - which is actually a hormone, not a vitamin. It can get too high. But it can also run low.

D has long been know to have a serious impact on the Covid. This is not new news at all. Fauci has been feeding everyone big hairy vitamin "D" alright....along with the media and everyone else who are not promoting this one damn bit!
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

Follow up to Bob's comments. As discussed in the main virus thread at Glocktalk, there are two kinds of Vitamin D. The "works immediately" type at about $1100 for 30 pills, was used on 50 new admittees in a Spanish hospital. All recovered and had reduced symptoms. The Costco tablet approach takes a couple of weeks to work into the system.

When I was a suit and tie worker, my doctor had the inexpensive (and free to medi-care patients) vitamin D test run on me. I was deficient.

The recent change in the clock and decreased temperatures can be correlated to a reduction in voluntary exposure to the sun which is free vitamin D. I have adjusted by talking a walk in the morning and a second walk in the sun in the afternoon wearing a hat and suntan lotion.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

And to follow up further....here is a book you all need to read.

https://www.amazon.com/Optimal-Dose-Res ... s9dHJ1ZQ==