Snowpocolypse

A general discussion area for topics not specifically covered elsewhere on the board. NO politics. If the topic would fit it a specific section please post in that specific section.
Mac66
Board Founder

Snowpocolypse

Post by Mac66 »

Getting a little snow today. Strong winds blowing out of the south east. House faces north so the snow is blowing over the house and drifting in front. Probably got 4-5" so far not counting the drifts. Supposed to get about 7" but its steadily coming down so it could be more. Gonna wait till it stops before shoveling. First snow we've gotten since we got dumped on in late November.

David
Administrator

Re: Snowpocolypse

Post by David »

I was looking at the national weather and it looks like a bunch of folks are getting dumped on either with snow or rain around the country. And some place (didn't catch the location on the news last night) had a bunch of avalanches. And unfortunately several people lost their lives.

Definitely a time to take stock in supplies and such.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

We had a quarter inch of ice yesterday. Woke up to rain and all the ice gone. Now we have winds 30+MPH and temps falling. Low tomorrow night, 7 degrees with 20-25MPH winds. It will be jacket weather.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

I shoveled, and shoveled and shoveled. Got about 7 inches of wet, heavy snow total not counting the 2 foot drifts next to the cars. Got my workout in for the day as it took me a couple hours to shovel the driveway and sidewalks. The snow was too wet and heavy for my neighbor's snow blower to move it. Streets and walks are now clear as temps were above freezing.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

Got a snow blower.... But only 1-2" so far on Long Island... changing to rain late tonight/tomorrow
You can't fix stupid !
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Well...got the AC on right now and it's going to hit 83 degrees by Wednesday... :P
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Was in the 20's today. Got another inch or two of snow. Supposed to be in the teens for the next couple of days.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Looking at the news; 500 miles of highway shut down, multiple car/truck pile ups, down to -45 degrees, avalanches and tens of millions under a winter weather advisory. Pretty intense.

Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

It is 11 degrees out this morning, but thankfully, just a light breeze around 10MPH.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

12 degrees here but bright and sunny today. :)