Only took 6 months

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Only took 6 months

Post by Ronin.45 »

After a friend picked up a Taurus TX22 Competition back in early March, I've been wanting one. It just struck me as the perfect setup for the types of matches I shoot where my MKIIs aren't ideal.
I had several local dealer buddies start looking. One told me he could do $360 for me so I figured I'd wait for him to get one. A few weeks later a second dealer got one in and offered it to me for $399. I was thinking the cheaper one would be in anytime so let another friend have that one. Of course, that was about the last one available locally for months. The popularity must have surged because they became very scarce. Another local shop finally got a few in Friday and I was happy to pay $449 just to finally end the search.
I added the Holosun 507c green dot I had waiting, an extra Olight Valkyrie Pro, and one of my CGS Hydra cans.
It shoots great, will work very well for our matches, and is a nice understudy for my bedside gun.
You can see some pics and a further review at this link.
https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/final ... t-30659067
Mac66
Board Founder

Re: Only took 6 months

Post by Mac66 »

Congrats. I bought a couple TX22s a couple months ago. In the mean time I heard that Taurus sells just the Competition upper (slide & barrel) so I'm thinking about buying one. It would make a nice upgrade for one of them.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Nice!!!!
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Very nice set up. I know we've really been enjoying the 'regular' TX-22. I imagine the Competition model is a real gem.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

David wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:02 am Very nice set up. I know we've really been enjoying the 'regular' TX-22. I imagine the Competition model is a real gem.
I got a "regular" TX about a week before the competition. A buddy had one in a group of guns he wanted to sell. His had the flag engraved slide and 10rd mags, neither of which would have been my choice, but I basically got it for $125 after moving the other items in the group. It should make a good Defensive Pistol match gun when I want to save 9mm.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Ronin.45 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:58 pm
David wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:02 am Very nice set up. I know we've really been enjoying the 'regular' TX-22. I imagine the Competition model is a real gem.
I got a "regular" TX about a week before the competition. A buddy had one in a group of guns he wanted to sell. His had the flag engraved slide and 10rd mags, neither of which would have been my choice, but I basically got it for $125 after moving the other items in the group. It should make a good Defensive Pistol match gun when I want to save 9mm.
So educate me on the differences between the standard and the comp models.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

The standard model is set up more like a regular pistol. Fully enclosed slide with small ejection port on the right side. No dot mounting interface. It does have a threaded barrel, but requires a thread adapter for a suppressor like some older designs.
The competition model has a cutaway slide similar to a Beretta 92. This allows an optic mounting plate attached directly to the chamber. This system allows the dot to stay still during cycling so it doesn't experience any battering and stays in your line of sight it also has a more traditional threaded barrel without need for adapters.
Go to the Glock talk link I posted above to see them side by side.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

If you already have a TX22 you can buy the Competition Conversion kit for $200 off the shoptaurus.com website when they are in stock. I've been checking on an off for about a month, haven't caught them in stock yet.