Interesting morning

The place to gather and chat about any and all topics not covered elsewhere on the board.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Interesting morning

Post by Bmyers »

Well, I'm on vacation Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Rhonda gives me a kiss and heads out the door to work while I'm playing on my computer. She comes walking back in and says Brad there are three guys in our driveway blocking me from leaving and they say they are from the DEA, obviously she is a nervous wreck because these guys in plainclothes trapped her in the driveway. I grabbed the pistol and stuck it in the back of my pants and walked outside. They all started showing badges, which I took a close look at. So, we start talking. They are there because we have been ordering stuff on Amazon. Rhonda has been making her own Moringa pills. Because of her ordering the material to make pills, they came to investigate what was going on. They talked for a few minutes and then they left.

So out of all our family that they should be investigating, they picked us. Needless to say, we didn't have anything to hide and showed them the machines and Rhonda even offered to let them sample it, which they refused.

If you ever wondered if the government was paying attention to what you were ordering, they are.

I understand know how some of these police shootouts occurred. If they had trapped Rhonda in the garage and had not let her comeback in and she would of started screaming, it would of been nasty. I would of come out with my gun and seen three men dressed very casual, more like lumberjacks and I'm sure they would of noticed me flying out of the house with a gun and it would of all been on. Not a pleasant thought.

Thankfully, everything went fine. They were nice and once they started talking, I realized they were just trying to do a job. Rhonda was a nervous wreck, the three guys in the driveway just terrified her, she thought they were going to try to kidnap her. She called me from work and she was still upset. Well, at least that makes it for an interesting 25th wedding anniversary today.
David
Administrator

Re: Interesting morning

Post by David »

That is scary, particularly how quickly it could have gone south :shock:

Glad it worked out okay but doesn't sound like they handled the citizen contact very well to begin with.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

I found it odd, they never asked me for any ID or the wife. They showed us their ID and badges. It seemed like an awful big effort to come ask us about the empty pill cases and pill maker we had bought on Amazon. Beyond the three agents in the driveway, there was at least four more around the house. Afterwards they were all coming together in the road and talking and laughing.

Strange day
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

#1 Fortunately for us - it doesn't matter how you vote, Rem or republican. Surely if there were but a larger government, this could all be prevented.

Or option #2 - acknowledge that you have no ability to control what people put in their bodies whether for entertainment or nutrition and find something useful to do - like hold people accountable for what they do when such things are in their systems.

You can get Marijuana in any school, and (no offense Dave) any prison. Let it go....war on drugs lost long long ago....
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

The lesson here is that .gov is paying attention to what you buy online. Scary thought. Buyer be aware.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Mac66 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:35 am The lesson here is that .gov is paying attention to what you buy online. Scary thought. Buyer be aware.
I was speaking with a guy just last night about this and he stated he always uses cash when purchasing certain items like ammunition. Some wisdom in that approach.
You can get Marijuana in any school, and (no offense Dave) any prison. Let it go....war on drugs lost long long ago....
One of the new things is to fly drugs in over the fence using drones. Place it in a recreation yard and fly back out. Completing the wall will be one way to curtail the drug flow, but it is only one hole in the dike (main reason for wall is illegal aliens and human trafficking but cutting off one flow of drugs is a side benefit). Customs would need a lot more man/dog power which is nearly impossible with the amount of ports and airports coming into the country.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

David wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:57 am
Mac66 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:35 am The lesson here is that .gov is paying attention to what you buy online. Scary thought. Buyer be aware.
I was speaking with a guy just last night about this and he stated he always uses cash when purchasing certain items like ammunition. Some wisdom in that approach.

One assumes that there would be some anonymity due to shear numbers of people buying stuff, online and with credit. I suppose though the .gov has algorithms/tracking programs set up to trace purchases by product types. Kind of same way when you do a search online and then get bombarded with ads with similar or related products. I would guess that .gov already knows I have guns and ammo and visit gun related, survivalist/prepper i.e. "right wing" websites. I am sure I am on a list somewhere and am sure .gov knows just about everything about me based on what I've put in forums and look at online.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Mac66 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:38 pm
David wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:57 am

One assumes that there would be some anonymity due to shear numbers of people buying stuff, online and with credit. I suppose though the .gov has algorithms/tracking programs set up to trace purchases by product types. Kind of same way when you do a search online and then get bombarded with ads with similar or related products. I would guess that .gov already knows I have guns and ammo and visit gun related, survivalist/prepper i.e. "right wing" websites. I am sure I am on a list somewhere and am sure .gov knows just about everything about me based on what I've put in forums and look at online.
And while it would difficult/impossible to track everyone, every moment, on every front (I would think), it would be very possible to zero in on someone specifically on several fronts. Your cell phone can be used to track your movements as can cameras simply driving down the street. And of course satellite, aircraft or drone can track you in real time. I’m sipper a profile could be developed on each of us based on our online footprint.

It would seem that specific purchases do indeed trigger an alert to .gov as well as private corporations. Probably no different than saying a specific word/phrase on the phone. After 911 my wife still had family living in Israel. At some point the Israeli gov was contemplating issuing gas masks to the public, which they have done from time to time. My wife’s family told her about the heightened alert during a phone call. I mentioned it to a buddy at a Dojo I once owned and taught at, just in passing. He told his wife who told someone else and so forth. About a month or so later an FBI agent visited me at work for an interview. It seems the story had grown from gas masks in Israel to a nuclear attack being planned in the U.S. in someone’s email somewhere down the chain. I explained the original conversation to the agent who figured it had been exaggerated out of proportion and context but had to do a follow up. But figure they got a hold of it either through someone’s phone conversation or email.

Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Obviously there are tracking programs online in both computers and phones which trigger gov response. That's pretty scary.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

Unless your totally off the grid, your being tracked some how.... sign of the times
And yes, it's easy to track/intercept cell phones ( use to do it )
You can't fix stupid !