I was accused of fear-mongering

A general discussion area for topics not specifically covered elsewhere on the board. NO politics. If the topic would fit it a specific section please post in that specific section.
Bmyers
Board Founder

I was accused of fear-mongering

Post by Bmyers »

As many know, my job is safety director, so I have to stay on top of all the latest events and regulations. There are a network of us that communicate to help us stay on top of items.

well, I had been preparing info on the outbreak over the last couple of months and sharing, developing plans, and training info. Last week one of the guys I share information with got a very hateful email from the VP of his company saying that all this is fear-mongering and spreading lies. He was told if he continued that he would be terminated.

He called me this morning.

He said that yesterday he got called into the HR department (I thought oh no, they are going to fire him) and the HR department told him he needed to get a COVID-19 plan, training, and order whatever equipment he needed. He told them he couldn't cause of the email he received.

They said this had come from the President of the company and that VP that sent the email was now on a 14-day quarantine for COVID-19.

Talk about Karma.....
David
Administrator

Re: I was accused of fear-mongering

Post by David »

Wow! That is karma with a grudge :o
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Strayz

Post by Strayz »

Karma dun run over his dogma.
Sometimes things need to be said, Other times things must be done.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

How were you "fear" mongering?

And on that note - are people allowed to watch TV? That's where the REAL fear mongering is...
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Bob wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:18 am How were you "fear" mongering?

And on that note - are people allowed to watch TV? That's where the REAL fear mongering is...
Some people consider presenting the facts as we know them at this time as spreading fear. Every presentation I have done on this topic, I include the statement, that this is what we know at this time. The data is coming in fast, needs to be reviewed and analyzed, which in 5 or 10 years will give us a good understanding of what we went through.