Tomatos

A general discussion area for topics not specifically covered elsewhere on the board. NO politics. If the topic would fit it a specific section please post in that specific section.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Tomatos

Post by Bmyers »

We planted two plants this year. We have had 14 volunteer plants come up. It will be interesting to see how they produce.
Erich

Re: Tomatos

Post by Erich »

Whoa! An embarrassment of riches!
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Spent sometime Saturday weeding around them. They are growing like crazy. Beans and cucumber plants are taking off also.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Got the first tomatoes on the vines. Few more days they will be ready for picking. Always exciting to see the first fruit, but then it reminds me, fall is quickly approaching.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Plants are filling out with tomatoes and the cucumbers are starting to grow.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I miss having a garden. We may again at some point but have other projects that are getting put to the top of the list.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

It is nice to have a garden. I wish ours was bigger, but time doesn't allow for it right now. Yet, I try to grow a few things every year.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

We have started harvesting both tomatoes and cucumbers.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

So need to get my raised bed garden going...
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

I tried the sliced tomato planting.... you just slice up an older tomato and bury the slices.

Out of 8, 2 can up ... so I call it a failure. But one or two is enough and better than none.
You can't fix stupid !