Building a new home

The place to gather and chat about any and all topics not covered elsewhere on the board.
David
Administrator

Re: Building a new home

Post by David »

End of July :)
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Windows, roofing paper and side paper are installed. Also the front door, bedroom door going to the lanai and door leading to the garage. Sliding glass door frame is in and the doors have been delivered.

My buddy got curious so he came over to the backyard and within about 5 feet of me.

They are currently installing the HVAC which should be done Friday or Saturday.

We just ordered the kitchen yesterday and my wife is really excited about that :)
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

I showed your post to my wife and she said absolutely not. She refuses to live where there are dinosaurs. So, I guess I won't be moving to Florida in my retirement years.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

only good if you don't like your wife !
or maybe target practice with 22 ?
You can't fix stupid !
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

I hope you floor the attic space now and put in lighting and a good step ladder. One of my regrets was delaying that process when I bought my house. Over 40 years later, I glad the professionals did it for me.
flarpt

Post by flarpt »

Look'n GOOD!
David
Administrator

Post by David »

bdcochran wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:48 am I hope you floor the attic space now and put in lighting and a good step ladder. One of my regrets was delaying that process when I bought my house. Over 40 years later, I glad the professionals did it for me.
Yes, we're planning on putting plywood up in the attic and perhaps installing a pull down step ladder.
flarpt wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:36 amLook'n GOOD!
It's getting there bro. Suppose to be roughing in the electrical this week. :)

flarpt

Post by flarpt »

Keeping it all in prayer, especially with lumber prices ... $$$$
David
Administrator

Post by David »

flarpt wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:56 pm Keeping it all in prayer, especially with lumber prices ... $$$$
Fortunately most of the lumber part is done. :D

tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

Friend of my daughter sold their home in VA and was having a new one built.... builder just came back and stated they need 40k more to build due to lumber cost.
( and they can't put it in mortgage at this time ) NO cash available for them and they are now stuck in Mom/Dads home with 3 kids.
You can't fix stupid !