Finally got one- Sig 365

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Strayz

Re: Finally got one- Sig 365

Post by Strayz »

Congrats on the buy. As someone that EDCs a P365 you are going to love it. Well until the 5th or 6th box of ammo. Right around 300 rounds and I am looking for something else to shoot. It is not punishing, it is just no longer fun and it is a little snappy. It is just something about a micro sized pistol. I can shoot a .357s all day in my S&W 686, go figure.

I recommend getting only 12 round mags unless you have to have 10 by law or your looking for supper deep concealment. Remember 10-15 mags per firearm, so you have training mags, carry mags, and mags for if and when it is discontinued in the future. Yes it does feel like I have a .50 cal ammo can for each pistol I own full of mags. LOL
Sometimes things need to be said, Other times things must be done.
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

Strayz wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:13 pm Congrats on the buy. As someone that EDCs a P365 you are going to love it. Well until the 5th or 6th box of ammo. Right around 300 rounds and I am looking for something else to shoot. It is not punishing, it is just no longer fun and it is a little snappy. It is just something about a micro sized pistol. I can shoot a .357s all day in my S&W 686, go figure.

I recommend getting only 12 round mags unless you have to have 10 by law or your looking for supper deep concealment. Remember 10-15 mags per firearm, so you have training mags, carry mags, and mags for if and when it is discontinued in the future. Yes it does feel like I have a .50 cal ammo can for each pistol I own full of mags. LOL
I picked up 2 10s to go with the included 12s. Both are comfortable to shoot and the 10s will pocket carry much better.
I'll stick with the four mags I have for now. Once things calm down I'll probably get at least 2 more 10s. I like to have 6 so I can get through 3 stages without loading during a match.
I don't separate training mags from carry mags. They all get run.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Well, you're over a month in with the new P365. What are your thoughts?
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

David wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:25 am Well, you're over a month in with the new P365. What are your thoughts?
It carries as good or better than my 43. The slide stop has worn in a bit so it's almost 100%. I really like the trigger upgrades. Still haven't shot a BUG match with it, but hope to soon.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Happy you're liking it. It's a dandy little pistol. I like that I can forget I'm carrying it.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Strayz

Post by Strayz »

David wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:47 am Happy you're liking it. It's a dandy little pistol. I like that I can forget I'm carrying it.
Love mine, but the fact I forget it is there makes it interesting going to work. Had to put a yellow sticker on the dash panel, to remind myself to put it in the safe.
Sometimes things need to be said, Other times things must be done.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Ronin.45 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:43 pm
David wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:25 am Well, you're over a month in with the new P365. What are your thoughts?
It carries as good or better than my 43. The slide stop has worn in a bit so it's almost 100%. I really like the trigger upgrades. Still haven't shot a BUG match with it, but hope to soon.
I see over on GT that you're planning on getting that new Magguts +2? Never had one of their products. Would you trust it for defensive carry? For the price of the spring you could just about get a whole mag (at normal prices anyway). I'm not totally convinced I'd trust it or need it since I carry with a 12-rounder anyway. While 14-rounds is of course more, I don't know if it would be worth it?

Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

David wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:21 am
Ronin.45 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:43 pm
I see over on GT that you're planning on getting that new Magguts +2? Never had one of their products. Would you trust it for defensive carry? For the price of the spring you could just about get a whole mag (at normal prices anyway). I'm not totally convinced I'd trust it or need it since I carry with a 12-rounder anyway. While 14-rounds is of course more, I don't know if it would be worth it?
I saw that thread, but I'm not interested in the kit. I'm with you that changing the internals of a magazine would give me pause about carrying it. My 10rd flush mags are more than enough for me. I could have kept the 12rd mags if I wanted a few extra. I think I'd always lean towards an extension instead of changing the internal geometry of a mag. Sig did great things fitting 10 in such a tight space, trying to squeeze 2 more in will probably screw things up.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Ronin.45 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:08 pm I saw that thread, but I'm not interested in the kit.
My bad, I looked back an the poster was 'TNRonin'. I just keyed in on the 'Ronin' part.

Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

David wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:57 pm
Ronin.45 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:08 pm I saw that thread, but I'm not interested in the kit.
My bad, I looked back an the poster was 'TNRonin'. I just keyed in on the 'Ronin' part.
I figured as much. Sometimes his posts catch my eye as well.