Aliens (the outer space variety)

A general discussion area for topics not specifically covered elsewhere on the board. NO politics. If the topic would fit it a specific section please post in that specific section.
David
Administrator

Re: Aliens (the outer space variety)

Post by David »

That's funny.

It reminds me of a book I read years ago where there was a Galactic war going on against an empire determined to take over the galaxy. They weren't exactly evil, just determined to impose their way on everyone else because they thought their way was better. The other galactic races were losing and felt they needed to recruit other races in the struggle, even in the backwater parts of the galaxy i.e. earth. They got here and were stunned at how tough humans were compared to the rest of the galaxy. Our abilities to heal, our physical strength, reflexes and capacity for violence. We were a gold mine to them.

Interesting book.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

book name ?
You can't fix stupid !
David
Administrator

Post by David »

tom mac wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:35 ambook name ?
I had to look it up as it's been more than 20 years since I read it. The Damned Trilogy is a set of three science fiction novels by American writer Alan Dean Foster (A Call to Arms, The False Mirror, and The Spoils of War), detailing human involvement in an interstellar war.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Damned_Trilogy
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

I love Alan Dean Foster.

Star Wars fans - if you have not read "Splinter of the Minds Eye - read it. You'll instantly know where they stole the ideas for Empire/Jedi from.