So...how about those gas prices!

A general discussion area for topics not specifically covered elsewhere on the board. NO politics. If the topic would fit it a specific section please post in that specific section.
Bob
Board Founder

Re: So...how about those gas prices!

Post by Bob »

Bmyers wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:14 am The sad part is her vote counts the same as mine.
Which is nothing.

Do you still believe your vote has any sway on what happens? A large Fascist machine identifies two candidates which it ALLOWS you select from, and it gets its will more or less, regardless of what happens.
- It takes more of your money
- It reduces the value of everything you own
- It criminally removes your freedoms one by one
- It enriches it's members
- It does the bidding of billionaires and oligarchs

But maybe, just maybe if you choose the RIGHT person for President....it might ALL suddenly change!

Voting for the President is like going to a Restaurant where there is a wehole menu, and you can have anything you want, as long as it is the Cheeseburger with Lettuce and Tomato, or the Hamburger with Ketchup and Pickles. Because no matter what you want to eat, they have decided that is all they are going to serve you.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

I could care less if it falls back to $3.50. This is pathetic.

Wake me when the oil companies don't run the country anymore.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Paid $3.75 at Costco yesterday.
Bob wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:41 pm Wake me when the oil companies don't run the country anymore.
Be patient, it's coming. ;)
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

It is only $6 and up in most parts of LA.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Our prices had went down to $3.89, now pack up to $4.19
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

OK - lets not get excited about a +/- 5% when prices are +200% minimum. Call me when it is <$3. THAT would be progress.

But dang...my car feels like it is getting so much less mileage...
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

I filled up the truck last tuesday for $3.79/gallon. Cost me $120 as it was about empty. It shot up to $4.29 on wednesday. Back down to $4.19 by the end of the week. It's empty again as I was hauling a load of totes up north and had some deliveries. Will have to fill it up again tomorrow.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

and here in the local area of NY, home fuel oil hit $5.50

Going to be a cold winter if it keeps up.
You can't fix stupid !
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

If by LA and NY - You mean Los Angeles and New York...well, that's your choice.
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

If by LA and NY - You mean Los Angeles and New York...well, that's your choice.

Absolutely. LA - Los Angeles. I drive about 300 miles a month. Don't have a second home in the hills. Don't belong to the former gym that was nearly a half-hour's walk away and is now more than a 1/2 hour drive away..

As a famous radio commentator used to say "now for the other side of the story." The tract house cost me $167,000. The increase in property taxes has been limited by law since 1976. The tract house at the end of the block was torn down. A replacement house was constructed and came on the market in April 2022. Never had a showing. Double the space. Sold for $4,370,000.00. I get to exercise outside in the sunshine and get a suntan about 300 days a year. The gas heating is turned on about two months a year.

A contractor tore down the house two doors down and graded the lot. He paid $2,000,000 for the lot last year.

I have 15 fruit trees on the tract lot. I ate the last of the avocados last month. The oranges come in next month. I will pick tomatoes today and leave them on the porch of my sister's house a mile away.