Storm season 2021

A general discussion area for topics not specifically covered elsewhere on the board. NO politics. If the topic would fit it a specific section please post in that specific section.
tom mac
Board Founder

Re: Storm season 2021

Post by tom mac »

Henri is going to partial pass here in NY , hitting the end of Long Island, 75 miles offshore.... looking like some max 40mph winds and rain where I am ( to high for flooding )
You can't fix stupid !
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

Well things change.... Henri is going to now hit dead center Long Island as a #1
Predicted winds at 60 to 70mph, luckily on right side of storm.

Heading out in a few to move all deck furniture , etc as all the rest is done.
Only real concern here is a tree fall.
You can't fix stupid !
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Be safe buddy, prayer sent.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Was just reading a news article that the NE getting hit by a hurricane. It will be interesting to see how the NE handles it compared to the Southern States.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

Well, Praying must of helped... Down graded to a TS, moved to the east a bit over night.
Winds now predicted here to maybe 35 but 4-6 inches of rain. Low areas will see issues at 10am or so with the high tide ( I'm high ).
Wet ground may lead to down trees... will see.
More of an issue to the east end of Island and prob Mass.

After 2pm I can prob put the generator back away , unused. ( tho did test while good weather, stabilize gas fine from 9/20, I will rotate after this is over )

As to NE, not any direct hits in decades... it is due one of these days ... Long Islands last really big one was Gloria, cat4 , in 1985 !
You can't fix stupid !
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Amen and glad it wasn’t severe :)
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

TD #9 is forecast to strengthen into a Cat 2 by this weekend with landfall predicted currently around the Louisiana area on Monday.

Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Seems like a lot of activity this year.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Hurricane Ida now forecast to be a Cat 3 at landfall. :(

Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Just read that is is upgraded to a CAT 4 at landfall is their guess

https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/ne ... ecast-gulf