Your EDC bag

The area to discuss BOB's, EDC's, GHB's and other gear. Also includes Comms and other radio topics.
David
Administrator

Re: Your EDC bag

Post by David »

David wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:41 am 've always seemed to go back to the Lunada...
Well, I went back to the Lunada :lol:

The reason I decided to switch back was three-fold. First, even though both products are Maxpedition, the Lunada is more long term durable for everyday use. It's just ruggedly made. Second, the stuff I feel is important fits better as the Entity is designed around a lap top PC and the Lunada has smaller sections so I can compartmentalize my stuff better. I find that a better system. Third, I tested the Entity and found out that the Sub 2K does fit. I've been wanting a better pack to make into my SBR go-bag and this, as mentioned above, is definitely grey man if I ever had to carry it around (i.e. SHTF situation but I wanted to remain as low profile as possible).
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Re: Your EDC bag

Post by David »

In addition to Sootch's video in the OP, this video offers a good description of the Lunada. Note that he's put extra attachments to the sides and rear of the bag itself that I don't care for. To me it sticks too far out and would make it difficult if you're walking through the store or people. I prefer just the bag itself and find that it carries everything I think is important and is actually capable of carrying even more if I wanted/needed to weight it up.

I still have the UV Paqlites attached to the bag as seen on the first page. I like those for visibility and they weigh practically nothing and take up no space that is being used for something else. It's a nice safety feature if walking after dark and can be easily removed in necessary.

I don't normally use that second strap but it's easily accessible if I wanted/needed to use it for stability.

I tried my P365 in the rear CCW compartment and it worked great. It is small enough that I can push it down in the pocket making it unnoticeable and the pocket has a D-ring for quick access. And it's padded to protect the firearm. The pocket has the hook and loop for a holster as well which I would use but isn't totally necessary as the firearm would be perfectly secure without it. And if I just wanted to toss an LCP in the pocket it would work even better as far as fit and be half the weight.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".