Your EDC bag

The area to discuss BOB's, EDC's, GHB's and other gear. Also includes Comms and other radio topics.
David
Administrator

Re: Your EDC bag

Post by David »

Smoke wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:05 pm Image

Embark Jartop Elite. According to their website it's 49 liters.

I work in an empty warehouse. The owners moved to a new facility two years ago. After they left they had a cleaning company go through the building and get rid of everything the employees left behind.

The backpack was sitting empty on top of the pile. I took it home and washed it and I've been using it since. The main compartment is full of winter clothing because it's been known to snow in JUNE here. Everything else is just possibles that I carry to and from work daily.
Nice find :)
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

My Main bag has fell into dis-repair!!!!

When I wenty to use it this weekend a few concerning issues:

#1 My head lamp was dead! That sucked. I have since changed how I pack it.
#2 My main light (Surefire P5) was missing!@. I had put it in my vest for the election and not replaced it! I think I can stand it down now...
#3 I was checking for CR123's for my car's Surefire G2 (of course I have a backup in my car!) and I had used them!!!
#4 My Sipik was acting hinky - no AA's to check that (It was infact a weak rechargeable that was the problem)

So....
3 AAA's 1 AA, and 2 CR123's going in there right away!!!
Adding a Sipik to the bag as a new additional main bag light, in case P5 is being used elsewhere
Adding a New Sipik to car pack
Also need to reload glow sticks. Minor issue.
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

Welcome to the world. I checked the car items last week. Nothing dead. However I have a habit of keep putting things in, so most of the time my checking results in things being returned to the house.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

That all said - obviously I've been using my main stuff....just not restocking! That's all fixed now.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Well, that's why we use and test our stuff. Only way to see areas of deficiency.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

I was really happy to note that even completely unchecked, and with a number of failuresd, I still had light etc. Just wasn't my ridiculous level of "happy" with my stuff.

Still had enough light/power etc to get through 4-5 nights easy.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

My son recently bought a Maxpedition Entity 10l sling bag for college and also for his CCW. He's really liking it and I've started thinking about one as well. Not sure what size, maybe the 10l or maybe the 7l. It is definitely grey man.

https://www.maxpedition.com/collections ... 0599612487

David
Administrator

Post by David »

I bought the Entity sling back off my son. It was too small for his college needs and as it turns out the college was giving away back packs so he grabbed one that works better for him.

Transferred stuff over from my Maxpedition Lunada back. Thinking about putting a piece of soft body armor in the slot where you'd put a computer. Have to find my old vest and see if any of the panels fit.

It has a very nice CCW pocket in the back with hook n loop. Fits my universal holster perfectly. Once I get the P365XL up and running as my EDC I may toss my standard P365 into that holster. It's light enough that it wouldn't really be an issue.

As I mentioned above, it's definitely gray man. As much as I like the Lunada it is simply tactical looking with all the webbing and such. This looks like a computer bag which really is what it's primarily designed for so shouldn't draw a second glance from anyone.

Have my normal stuff:

Nitecore EA11 LED flashlight and some extra 14500/AA batteries.
Small, flat battery pack and the power cords.
Multi-tool.
Saywer water filter and straw.
Some Emergen-C packets to add to a drink and some of those compressed toilet paper/towels. Also some chapstick, and lens wipes.
Red bandana, disposable rain poncho, compass, IFAK with stop-the-bleed stuff.
Eye glass case and wipes. Couple of extra mags and a few other odds and ends.

I'll give it a go and see how well I like it.

Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

During the winter months, I noticed I haven't used my EDC bag as much, but I usually have a coat and the pockets are full and the EDC bag stays in the vehicle. Now that Spring is fastly upon us, my bag will be seeing more use again.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I've always seemed to go back to the Lunada but then I end up not carrying it that much. Rather, I'll leave it in the car which in the summer heat just isn't all the good on batteries and such. So I'll see how much I end up carrying this new bag. I need to sell off some of the other bags.