Olight Sale

Flashlights, lanterns, torches and anything that sheds a little light for your path.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Olight Sale

Post by Bmyers »

Just in case you are needing/looking for some lights, Olight is having a large sale right now.

https://www.olightstore.com/
David
Administrator

Re: Olight Sale

Post by David »

Must...resist...urge! :)
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

As much as I love my Olights, I have a real hard time getting excited for more. Incremental upgrades are good, but no reason to buy replacements for my current lights. I'm not a collector so the idea of buying all the colors isn't for me.
fishingjeff
Board Founder

Post by fishingjeff »

Got my first one at the Palmetto Gun Show last Saturday. $19.99 for the 1R2 Eos. Handy little lite on the key ring.
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

the company gives free lights for the cost of shipping have afree one on order from last week
Bogart

Post by Bogart »

:lol:
David wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:17 pm Must...resist...urge! :)
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

I bought the new light. Very tiny. 2.5 lumens. Not an effective key chain light. May stick it in the glove compartment of the car. I took it apart to learn what battery was inside. The design does not allow a replacement battery. Whatever it is, it is integral with a metal sleeve and a protruding piece of metal which completes the connection with the bulb.

Potential usage is as a trail light. However, you can buy other lights with an easily replaceable coin battery, put it on a chain, and then around your neck and it is more functional.
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

bdcochran wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:44 am I bought the new light. Very tiny. 2.5 lumens. Not an effective key chain light. May stick it in the glove compartment of the car. I took it apart to learn what battery was inside. The design does not allow a replacement battery. Whatever it is, it is integral with a metal sleeve and a protruding piece of metal which completes the connection with the bulb.

Potential usage is as a trail light. However, you can buy other lights with an easily replaceable coin battery, put it on a chain, and then around your neck and it is more functional.
I was interested in that little light until I saw the specs. 2.5lumens is just not generally useful. The unique battery also is a non starter. I understand that olight will offer replacement batteries and it's possible to locate some in the wild, but I'll stick with my AAA keychain light.
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

Ok. I had forgotten the model. Photon 2 button battery light. Has an on-off switch. If you put the light on a lanyard or chain around your neck, your hands are free. Can see the ground in front of you when walking an will produce enough light to light up a conventional room so that you can identify people and objects in the room. Not strong enough to read the numbers on a MasterLock combination lock. You can replace the battery yourself.