LA epidemic update and local medical care

Preparedness starts with good health. Section for all things health and exercise related. Including discussions of current events in the world of health and medicine.
bdcochran

Re: LA epidemic update and local medical care

Post by bdcochran »

I respect the members who decline to get the virus shot. My focus is to provide information.
I studied epidemics over the years because my grandfather died in 1918 of a virus. My sister was head of epidemiology at a major university.

Historically, epidemics lasted about three years. So a person might adopt a belief that he has not contracted it so far, so he is safe in his ignorance by declining to get vaccinated.

Rome did not fall because of immorality as people are taught. Use google and research the forensic pathology of what happened in Rome with its epidemic. Learn that the bathing facilities were communal and doctors recommended using them when you were sick and people used them for regular bathing.

I have a teacher who is American and who attended the Sorbonne in France. She relates how she was at social and a fellow student welcomed the coming of spring so that he could take a bath in the Seine River. Don't expect that other people share your conceptions of sanitation. When you drive around in your car, you are going to see a number of totally filthy cars that need to be washed. The problem we have is that we can't really see that people are truly filthy or those little viruses. So, I spray surfaces in the house and on my car, door knobs, cell phones, remote controls, cabinet doors, keyboards once a week with 70% isopropyl.

Try to remember that there is a political end to an epidemic and a medical end. Our political end in California is June 15, 2021 as declared by my moronic governor. Playing with color coding of different counties doesn't affect the medical reality.

Exceptions to the rule. I knew a kid in high school who never had a cavity. I dated a woman who claimed she never had a cavity as well. Unfortunately, George Burns and his ever present cigar was a prop. He didn't smoke cigars for the last 20 years of his life. You too can be the exception.
bdcochran

Re: LA epidemic update and local medical care

Post by bdcochran »

1. the federal government will now reimburse my county for home delivery and pickup of a free Wuhan flu test for people over age 65 if they cannot get out. There are daily roving test centers, roving shot centers. Some churches have volunteered their facilities to give shots. Pharmacies in supermarkets are already authorized to give shots. All for free. The ride services will still give free rides to shot locations.
2. the county gives daily local and international reports on line.