EDC CCW belt

The area to discuss BOB's, EDC's, GHB's and other gear. Also includes Comms and other radio topics.
David
Administrator

EDC CCW belt

Post by David »

What kind of belt do you use for EDC CCW use?
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Re: EDC CCW belt

Post by David »

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I ordered an X1 BUCKLE | BLACK TACTICAL GUN BELT from Kore Essentials. $59 after a 10% off code and then shipping. The leather belt I have now is thick but starting to sag. And I've noticed I'm having to adjust it during the day while out an about. So I'll try this out and see how well it works.

https://www.koreessentials.com/products ... d-belt-set

Includes: X1 Style Gun Buckle & Black Tactical Reinforced Belt [+1 belt keeper, hex wrench & set screws]

KORE Tactical belts are constructed to support small to full-size firearms, magazines and additional gear. Tactical belts are 2X’s as stiff as our leather gun belts.
Best fitting, most durable tactical belt you’ll ever wear. Precise, secure fit provides a smooth, fast draw every time.
NO Belt Holes. Instead Kore concealed carry belts use a hidden track with 40+ sizing points, to adjust ¼” at a time. Result = 800% more adjustable vs. traditional gun belt.
Nylon Web outer layer, Super-Fiber inner lining with proprietary Reinforced Power-Core™ center (Rated to 500 lbs.). Belts are very durable & stiff enough to support small to heavy weight holsters, firearms, magazines, etc. (8 lbs. max). Classic buckle designs available, because no one needs to know you’re carrying.
Tactical Belts are 1.5" wide and One-Size to fit any waist from 24” up to 54".
Belt is secured to buckle using large teeth clamp & 2 set screws with hex wrench (included).
Includes matching Velcro Belt Keeper to keep the tip of your belt secure against your waist.
30-Day Money-Back Guarantee & 1-Year Warranty with Patented technology. Interchangeable with all Kore X-series gun belts & buckles – NOT with fashion belts.

Have a question or prefer to order by phone call (619) 303-9663 Mon. thru Fri. 9am to 5pm (PST - California time)

Bogart

Post by Bogart »

I have been using a crossbreed holster and belt combo for years and really like the belt, it has held up well.
About six months ago I got one of those kore belts, I was skeptical about the track system but it has grown on me and is now my favorite. Strong and stiff but holds a good holster tight to the body.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bogart wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 10:08 pm I have been using a crossbreed holster and belt combo for years and really like the belt, it has held up well.
About six months ago I got one of those kore belts, I was skeptical about the track system but it has grown on me and is now my favorite. Strong and stiff but holds a good holster tight to the body.
Good to hear. They shipped within an hour of ordering so thumbs up for that.

tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

Crossbreed Super tuck... works great for me ( have 3 )
You can't fix stupid !
GT4494

Post by GT4494 »

I use the "Beltman". one in black , one in brown. They work for dress as well as casual. No "tacticool" look they just work!
David
Administrator

Post by David »

What I'm using now is one I purchased off Amazon about 2 1/2 years ago. Currently unavailable.
It has done a much better job that the belt I was using prior. This one is a lot thicker but it doesn't 'stand up' stiff like what YM was showing in one of the above videos. Still did a much better job than what I was previously using though. But lately I've noticed that I need to adjust a bit when out and about. So I figured I'd try one of these out and see what, if any, difference it makes. Hoping that it does make a positive difference.

I'm carrying the P365 right now which is probably around 20 oz +/- when loaded with a 12-round mag. But I'd like to occasionally carry either my G26 again or P30sk which would add several more ounces, probably 5-6 which can make a difference. And I always carry a spare mag and usually my Gerber Suspension in a kydex holster as well. And of course the normal stuff in my pockets.

If it does a really good job I'd maybe think about putting my USPc into the rotation for grins which is yet another 5-6 ounces on top of the other pistols. We shall see...

Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

A "gun belt" is an often overlooked EDC item, but it is important. I have been using reinforced nylon belts for years now. I've had a few different brands, but most often just go with the 5.11 because it's cheaper and there's little difference between them. I also have a Kramer horse hide belt for dressy occasions. It was an absurdly expensive gift and I would not buy one myself. There are plenty of good leather gun belts for much less.
Horskinator

Post by Horskinator »

I am fortunate as I use Mitch Rosen's stuff. He is about 1 1/2 hours from me and I get my stuff custom fit to the gun and my desired cant. It is not the cheapest option out there but my belt looks like new and has been worn every day. IWB for my G19 and currently getting a IWB for the G42 and OWB for the P320-M17. There is no replacement for great gun leather and the cheapest solutions have not faired well for me.