Retired

The place to gather and chat about any and all topics not covered elsewhere on the board.
David
Administrator

Retired

Post by David »

Okay guys, I've been holding off until it was official. I haven't physically reported for duty since just after mid-January while waiting for the process to be completed. Tomorrow is officially my last day with the S.O. after about 29 years of service. I enjoyed my years of service, met a lot of very dedicated professionals, made a lot of friends and a few forever friends I'll stay in touch with. I learned a lot and was blessed to pass on my experience to many hundreds over the years as an instructor. I'm happy that chapter is now complete and I've enjoyed the new chapter in the book.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
GT4494

Re: Retired

Post by GT4494 »

Congrats!!! I retired MId March. Now all the time in the world and no place to go.. LOL
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Congrats to you as well :) I've enjoyed it immensely though it was rather surreal the first week. I'm enjoying the time with my wife and puttering around in my garden.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

Congrats....
Been retired for 13 yrs now. The real trick is to stay busy and HEALTHY!. The check keeps coming if your around so you can enjoy a long retirement.
You can't fix stupid !
fishingjeff
Board Founder

Post by fishingjeff »

Like Tom Mac said keep busy. Any number of things are available to go do. Volunteer work, RSO at the local range, Firearms safety instructor/consultant for a security company, armed guard part-time. There are a multitude of options out there.
I've been retired for 18 1/2 years now. Time flies when your having fun.
fishingjeff
Board Founder

Post by fishingjeff »

P.S. Congrats on the retirement.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Thank you all. I've been enjoying it to the fullest!

bdc
Board Founder

Post by bdc »

congratulations
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Congrats!

Dave will have no trouble staying busy on his semi-suburban homestead.

But what is this retirement thing you speak of? Not familiar.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:41 am But what is this retirement thing you speak of? Not familiar.
It was something three decades in the making :D

I've been thoroughly enjoying it. After all is back to normal we may do a bit of traveling. Been enjoying my garden of course. Sleeping late, staying up late and not having to worry about going to work in the morning.