Ammunition Sales Soar in Response to Coronavirus Panic

A general discussion area for topics not specifically covered elsewhere on the board. NO politics. If the topic would fit it a specific section please post in that specific section.
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Re: Ammunition Sales Soar in Response to Coronavirus Panic

Post by Ronin.45 »

I've seen some sold out and slight price increases. Not sure why people are buying ammo for a flu, but people are generally stupid.
maypo59

Post by maypo59 »

Don't know.. it also coincides with the Bernie surge..
Strayz

Post by Strayz »

Shootin them trespassors that are going to infects you with the light beer virus. Stand strong dark ales!!! You can have my light beer but never my ambers!

Seriously though I haven't even notice a budge in prices. I tend to track the prices a lot locally, because when the snow melts I have a good stock built up. Them guns are not going to feed themselves. :)

One reason is we are at a point of lowest prices in recent years, read not 15 years ago low prices but it is now considered good prices. I was surprised to see .40 up in sales by 410% though.
Sometimes things need to be said, Other times things must be done.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

went to the range today. Good times! The great thing about a Pandemic of Zombie Death Flu is that people will be too sick for you to need your ammo.
Strayz

Post by Strayz »

Bob wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:16 pm went to the range today. Good times! The great thing about a Pandemic of Zombie Death Flu is that people will be too sick for you to need your ammo.
Recommending spears and tridents then sir?
Sometimes things need to be said, Other times things must be done.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Just received 500 rounds of 9mm from Bass Pro that I ordered a few days ago. Like $92 with tax and free shipping. Had several gift cards to use so put it into ammo. I see Cheaper Than Dirt is once again price gouging. $600 for 500 rounds of NATO 9mm. And some of the normal B/S/T sites have the price gougers as well. Bottom feeders.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
GT4494

Post by GT4494 »

If you waited till something like this to get ammo, you are not prepared. Find a low limit that you are happy with and stay there. when you shoot replace what you shoot.

You will always be prepared!!
David
Administrator

Post by David »

GT4494 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:57 pm If you waited till something like this to get ammo, you are not prepared. Find a low limit that you are happy with and stay there. when you shoot replace what you shoot.

You will always be prepared!!
And also allows you to hit things on sale while there is no panic or pressure. Walmart was always a convenient place to pick up a few boxes when the need arises. That is over now of course so online sources are a good go-to and I’ve found prices that I’m happy with. Which doesn’t include CTD who is actively price gouging.