Just got my Yellow Belt!

This section is for discussion on martial arts, defensive tactics, hand-2-hand combatives and the weapons involved in these systems.
Bob
Board Founder

Just got my Yellow Belt!

Post by Bob »

Officially a Yellow Belt in Shaolin now!!!! Took a while, but whew. Finally. On to Orange. I really love the physical culture aspect of this art. I am not a fan of the fighting style in general, however;

1. Very physical as opposed to the internal arts - I need the workout
2. Before one throws stones, one should learn it to see what it really is all about
3. I do like the collectivist style of the art.
- It really is a lodge of various approaches. Very "Absorb what is useful". They all come from a basic Long Fist foundation, but can range far and wide from there. There is always another little form, or style, or weapon to add!
David
Administrator

Re: Just got my Yellow Belt!

Post by David »

Congrats Bob. I know I quite enjoyed CMA's and in particular Chin Na style training. I used Chin Na/Hapkido/Aiki Jujutsu style techniques quite a bit more than striking techniques over the course of my career. With the possible exception of elbow strikes and knee spikes. I was very good at those as well. But overall, balance displacement and joint locks was very much my specialty.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
bdc
Board Founder

Re: Just got my Yellow Belt!

Post by bdc »

Congratulations.