Shield Arms magazine review

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Shield Arms magazine review

Post by Bmyers »

He talks a lot, but he does go over a lot of good info.

https://youtu.be/HKgRJiDWbTU
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Re: Shield Arms magazine review

Post by Ronin.45 »

If these continue to get positive reviews, and become widely available, they will be a true upgrade to the midsize gun category.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

I'm waiting for them to come in stock and plan on getting 2 of them.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Couple of things I don't understand; First, why didn't Glock design the 43X/48 magazine to work in the G43? That would have made the G43 a lot more attractive to me if it has a 10-round magazine option for a back-up mag. Secondly, with the advent of aftermarket higher capacity magazines, why can't Glock design their own higher capacity magazines for their single-stacks?
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

It was an odd choice to make the 48/43x wider, but if it wasn't it couldn't fit 15 in the Shield Arms mag.
I'd like to see what they could do with the standard 43 mag. It's too narrow to get much of a staggered stack, but they might be able to squeeze an extra round or two in there.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Tim seems to be pretty impressed with the Shield 15-round magazines. He did mention that the mag catch needs to be upgraded to aluminum, available for $25.

Have to admit that a 15+1 43X is much more interesting to consider.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bmyers wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:27 am I'm waiting for them to come in stock and plan on getting 2 of them.
Have you managed to pick one up yet?

Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

No, not yet. They still showing out of stock on Shield's website.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

I received an email Friday evening showing they were in stock. Just went to the website to see about ordering two, they are back out of stock.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bmyers wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:06 pm I received an email Friday evening showing they were in stock. Just went to the website to see about ordering two, they are back out of stock.
Yep, I know how that feels :cry:

It's happened to me several times on the three parts I need to convert my P365 to a manual thumb safety. Within 30 minutes or less the parts are back out of stock. Sucks!