Sensible Prepper

Post your resource links, articles, videos as well as your reviews on books, movies, videos etc.
David
Administrator

Sensible Prepper

Post by David »

Sootch00 is one of my favorite YT content providers. He has a great firearms channel but I find myself looking at his Sensible Prepper channel more often. One of the first videos of his that I watched was this one years ago.

He makes a lot of sense that many folks look at us as a fringe group. Which is kind of odd since most of our grandparents and their parents before them were very much in the prepper category, particularly if they were rural. Seems like later generations drifted away from this and relied more on other outside sources, like the government. But I think there has been a slow but steady shift back towards practical prepping since Y2K. Sure, we have the media harping on the Doomsday prepping side of thing rather than the more practical side, but it's growing.

So I figured this would be a good thread to post some of Sensible Preppers videos and discuss them.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Re: Sensible Prepper

Post by David »

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Strayz

Post by Strayz »

Ok, not to make everyone mad, but I liked most of his vids for the first year or so that I watched them. He has ok content at this point.

When he started being a sales person and as an example when Olights go on sale. He is one of the first to drop vids on it. I know everyone has to make a living. Those that have met him in real life say he is a really nice guy, and I am sure he is. I just get the feeling he is kinda a paid shill, likeable yes, don't get me wrong.

If he reviews that much equipment then why is he not pointing out the bad? Great example is the Glock 44. He had one and tested it you could tell he was trying to say only good things about it when comparing it against the Walther PPQ 22. I know we rarely hear bad from some reviewers but when Plinkster goes off on your rimefire, you know you have a polished turd.
Sometimes things need to be said, Other times things must be done.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Well I know he’s never met a gun he didn’t like :mrgreen:

I’m sure he gets a lot of stuff sent to him and perhaps he gets to keep some or maybe a lot of it. He does go into good detail normally which I like.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

David
Administrator

Post by David »

David
Administrator

Post by David »

One of my takeaways from his video is colloidal silver. I have a thread on this in the First Aid section and how to make it at home. In my opinion it is an essential for the medical area of preps.

bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

Given the experience of 2020 and that YOU are already a sensible prepper in terms of equipment and review of skills, what becomes your focus? My answer is taking the time to build your health. Today, I did my daily exercise routine. For the first time, I did 4 walking circuits. I was doing 1-2 circuits a day before July, had medical attention, and could not resume walking until late September 2020.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

2020 was hard on our health. Wife and I had been doing really well with the exercising and getting into shape to have it all go by the wayside in 2020. We have tackled more do-it-yourself projects.

Hopefully this year we can get back onto the health kick and continue to improve our handyman skills.
David
Administrator

Post by David »