Brush hog Disk harrow

Bmyers
Board Founder

Re: Brush hog and disc harrow

Post by Bmyers »

Wow, sorry to read about the deal going so sideways. I don't know if Facebook has away to report bad sellers or not, but if they do, he should go on that list.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

India is another source for gear boxes.

I'm tired of looking so I'm going to bite the bullet and buy the Ironcraft from my tractor dealer. I have more than enough in my farm implement fund from selling guns. I've made a good profit off the guns so I can rationalize that the rototiller is actually only about 1/3 the price.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

I love my dad, but he can spend more time shopping for an item than it actually takes to get the work done. Time is one thing I don't have a lot of extra for, so once I'm comfortable with the product I'm looking at meeting my needs, I buy.

No, I don't get the great deals that my dad does, but buy the time he finds what he is buying I have usually completed the project three times over. So, I guess it is a win-win for him.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Bmyers wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:18 am I love my dad, but he can spend more time shopping for an item than it actually takes to get the work done. Time is one thing I don't have a lot of extra for, so once I'm comfortable with the product I'm looking at meeting my needs, I buy.

No, I don't get the great deals that my dad does, but buy the time he finds what he is buying I have usually completed the project three times over. So, I guess it is a win-win for him.
Must be a generational thing. I'm often guilty of "paralysis by analysis" but my son is like you. I've been dinking around for 5 or 6 weeks trying to find the perfect stuff in terms of performance and price. In the mean time I could have done the job weeks ago. My wife will say "just get it" in exasperation.

So I picked up my new tiller today. It is a an Ironcraft. AKA Titan Implements. Not to be confused with Titan Attachments which is a cheap Chinese brand. They changed their name to Ironcraft because TA is Chinese and Titan Implements/Ironcraft is US made. I checked every dealer within 200 miles (just to make sure :roll: ) and my dealer was $300 cheaper but that's because they gave me a tractor buyers discount.

So I'm headed up to the woods house tomorrow to give it a workout.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

I will be curious how it works for you. I'm hoping that this winter I get the approval for one and if I'm lucky I can find one for a decent price used.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Took a bit to get it out of my truck. Its really heavy. Even though the dealer set it up for me, added oil to the gear box, etc and cut the drive shift to fit my tractor it was still in it metal crate which was kind of bulky. He put in my truck with a fork lift and then pushed it back into the bed.

I have forks the clamp onto my bucket but it was too heavy. I ended up pulling it out as far as I dared then used a strap and chain to lift it out of the truck.

To cut to the chase...it worked really well. Chewed through virgin forrest floor, roots rocks and all.

Pics when I can figure out how to post them from my phone.

Still have to do the yard but I'm waiting for a guy to build a deck onto my porch. He'll have to drive across the yard. Dont want to have to fix the ruts twice.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

In regards to used versus new. Obviously, the larger/wider you go the more its gonna cost. 48" used ones were running $1600-2200 around here. 60" used one 300-400 more.

New they run 2400 & up for new ones though rural king's are on sale for 1900. 60" ones may be 100-200 more. Thats through tractor supply, rural king etc.

The used one i was going to buy was 1200. It was a 48". The new Ironcraft i bought was a 60". It was $2170 OTD with tax, setup etc. I'm glad I got the 60 instead of the 48.

Just be aware that some are chain driven, some are gear driven. Some have a clutch drive train, some just have a shear pin. Some have both. Some have 4 tine spindles, some have 6 per spindle. 6 cost more.

Mine has 4 tines and is gear driven, clutch & shear pin. I think mine is rated to a depth of 7".
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Double post
Last edited by Mac66 on Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Sorry for double posting. Trying to figure out how to post pics off my phone.