Down with COVID

Preparedness starts with good health. Section for all things health and exercise related. Including discussions of current events in the world of health and medicine.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Down with COVID

Post by Bmyers »

Wife got sick on Sunday, thought she was having a reaction to some new medicine. Yesterday, I started getting sick.

She took a COVID test and she is positive. She is on the backside of it. I'm fighting 101 temp and aches, plus trying to cough up a lung.

Hopefully will becoming out of it by the weekend.

What a wonderful way to sepnd my week of vacation.
tom mac
Board Founder

Re: Down with COVID

Post by tom mac »

Sorry to her, Get well... there's always another vacation down the road. Think of it as a stay-cation :)

Sitting home myself taking it easy for a couple days... Had a prostate artery embolization (PAE).
This procedure is light yrs from the old methods ( for us older guys ). Worst part of the whole thing was the headache form the anesthesia. ( felt like I had a half bottle of booze headache )
Outpatient procedure , No pain, all stills works as it should, but takes a month or so for results... time will tell.
You can't fix stupid !
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Glad your procedure has went well.

I have bounced back better than the wife. I feel much better, sound like crap, but feel decent. Sneezing, snotty nose, and cough, but fever and aches all gone.

She on the other hand is just miserable and having a hard time shaking it.

Dad had to go through radiation treatment for prostate cancer. Everything went well and he is getting back to his normal routine. Not that anyone wants to go through a medical procedure, but it is nice to see that the procedures have improved in most cases.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

My wife and I started getting a runny nose the last couple days of our cruise. Got a cough, sinus, headache etc when we got home. Thought it was covid since it was going through the ship. Tested negative twice so just a cold.

I thinking since I had both of the vaccines, and all of the boosters and had covid once already I'd be pretty much immune.

For me that cold was worse than covid.
Erich

Post by Erich »

Well, don't bet on the "negative" from Uncle Joe's COVID test really meaning you don't have it.

Reporter and her whole family get COVID but test negative. She learns it's happened to lots of other people. So she digs around with experts to figure out "the science" of why that was.

My Family Got Covid. So Why Did We Test Negative?
The key to this household mystery may lie in our vaccination status, experts say.
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/02/well ... =url-share

I want to say, "What a country of idiots we've become." But then I think, "Maybe we always were." :( Maybe it's a condition of humanity. It's not like historical sources show any group of people as brilliant anytime, anywhere - just look at the parade of idiots in the Bible.

Maybe we should abandon the stupidity of listening to anyone with the narcissistic hubris to tell us, "This is what's going on." And its inevitable corollary, "Now do as I say." :roll:

Anyhow, hope you and your wife get completely well soon.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

could have been covid again or it could have just been a cold. If I had a choice I'd pick covid, at least the covid I had ( sore throat for a day, runny nose, mild headache, mild symptoms for 5 days max) over a cold... 10 days of miserable runny nose/sinus, cough and sneezing.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

We finally are feeling alive again. Dealing with a little bit of snotty nose still, but everything else is basically gone. Wife is looking much better.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

good to hear yr both getting better
You can't fix stupid !