Taurus G2C?

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Erich

Re: Taurus G2C?

Post by Erich »

I just installed a Keep Tinkering SA/DA short stroke trigger and extra power trigger spring in the G2c ($35). I'm not mechanically inclined, so it took a couple hours. The SA/DA pull is now better than the G3c's, the reset is shorter and more forceful and of course there's no trigger-catching issue since the stupid G2c trigger safety is on the old trigger in the box.
Erich

Post by Erich »

The new Keep Tinkering trigger works like a charm. I took advantage of Taurus' no-shipping sale last weekend to buy a G3 4" barrel for the G2c so it can match what I've done to my G3c. Installed into the G2c(XL) the new barrel seems a "go" . . . and a pretty cheap way to make every round downrange a "+P" (yes, I've stocked up on recoil assemblies ;) ).

Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Nice setup. I carried my G3c w/4" bbl all weekend working around the woods house. I like it a lot. I keep the 2c up at that house and take it out occasionally. I'm debating keeping it one of my cars in case I run out of the house and forget to pack my EDC. Been going down into Detroit every week to pick up 275 gallon totes and got distracted and forgot to carry. You don't want to go to this part of Detroit unless armed.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

A Taurus does make a good truck/trunk pistol and inexpensive enough to be a good ‘extra’. Glad it’s working out well for both of you.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Erich

Post by Erich »

I'm a happy boy, all right! :)
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Free shipping from Taurus for $49.99 and over. 4" bbls are $49.99, Hmmmm, you're costing me money Erich.
Erich

Post by Erich »

If it helps, you're not the only one I'm costing money . . . :D
Erich

Post by Erich »

The new 4" barrel ran great in the G2c. :) And it just shoots like a dream with the Keep Tinkering trigger.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Mac may have seen this post already from GT, but I thought I'd toss it in this thread as it may be of interest to some folks here. From an armorer at a range discussing the Taurus range rental pistols and their popularity and heavy use.
The newest ones, like the G3X and GX4 have about 6k through them each. I changed out both of our rental’s RSA this Wednesday when I was doing PM and deep cleaning. They are our most popular rentals, maybe because a couple of us push them. This was their second RSA, according to logs.

Hear stories that the G2C is the third one we have in about five years. Shot to death, high round count due to popular pistol and low price. Probably one of the most seen pistol on our range for newer shooters and those that just don’t want to spend a fortune and just want a basic pistol.

Most complaints have been with slide not locking back, and that’s the mags just being worn out and across all makes and models. I do a function check and had five pistols I had to replace mags this last PM. I hate for customers to have to pay for something that isn’t working properly. Only one was a Taurus, the GX4. Is was mush! But then they go out six or seven times a day on the weekend. And it’s been in rotation for over a year.

I’m scheduled to go through logs and PM the longguns on the 13th. Will jolt down some numbers if I remember. But deep cleaning the Scar 17 and 16s, so have to run a few round through them afterwards. Just to make sure they work properly. :). Next pistol PM scheduling on the 20th.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

I just spent 6 days up at the woods house EDCing the G3c. I was out cutting wood, working on the boat, the tractor, cutting the lawn, moving rocks, building a wood fence, riding the ATV and mini bikes. Carried every day, all day, I forgot it was even there. My brother brought his new Bronco up and we went out trail riding/offroading. Ran into some guys back in the woods doing something sketchy, We avoided them but I was glad I was armed. The belt clip I put on it is holding up fine. Brought the G2c home to belt clip it as well. It's my back up in case I forget to pack the G3c.

They are a good size pistol with a good capacity. They say familiarity breeds contempt but I like these guns the more and more I carry/use them.